Monday, February 3, 2014

Pom-Pom Wreath

Hello Everyone, I made a tufted wool pom-pom wreath for myself!   

018

After being inspired by so many of you in blogland, I thought I would try and make one as well!

It was easy to make once I figured out how to use this little gadget. 

005

It is a Pom-Pom maker put out by Clover.  I purchased mine at Jo-Anne’s but you can find them at Michael’s and also on Amazon. 

001

To make the pom-poms for the wreath, I used 2 skeins of yarn.  

004

Once I had all the pom-poms made, I wrapped a straw wreath with burlap ribbon.  Then I hot glued the pom-poms onto the wreath. 

011

It was that easy! 

012

I like doing projects like this!  What about you?    

019

Now that this easy project is done, I’ll be in the garage the rest of the week!  I have some furniture pieces that need some work, which won’t be as easy as this pom-pom project.

013

As always, thanks for stopping by! 

Gail

Sharing with:

Coastal Charms for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Our Home Away from Home for Tuesdays at Our Home

15 comments:

  1. Very cute, Gail! I love pompoms. I can knit or crochet but this would be a great way to use some of the pretty yarns I am always seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw someone else do the same wreath last week.. I so want to do one.. I love that your wrapped yours in burlap first.. I love the look of this wreath.. I am going to micheals and purchase what I need.. Yours has convinced me... Thanks! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pom-pom wreath is gorgeous! I love it. I was given a miniature of one for Christmas and I changed out the ribbon and have left it up, I love it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks beautiful! I didn't know those things were even available. :) Thanks for sharing!

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely LOVE the warm natural look to that wreath. It is gorgeous- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! I love the color and the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I just adore how you paired the pom poms with the burlap! The wreath is just spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love your wreath! I've made one before, but it didn't turn out as fluffy and thick as the ones I've seen around blogland, including yours. I like the idea of wrapping burlap ribbon around a straw wreath. That's a great platform to glue the pompom's on. I will have to get one of those pompom makers if I make any more. That probably helps too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is just the cutest wreath! I love how full and fluffy it looks - like a warm, winter sweater!!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gail, I never knew there was a pompom maker! I have been putting off attempting one of these wreaths, mainly because I am lazy and thought of making all those pompoms was not high on my list....oooh, but now I know better and am ready to go. Your wreath is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the look of this, Gail...and the color you chose gives the whole wreath a natural feeling! Thanks for the hint about the pompom maker, too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is adorable and looks like it would be so fun to make too! Super cute.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gail,
    Well this is so dang cute! I didn't know that there was a gadget to make pom poms...thanks so much for sharing.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails