Friday, March 14, 2014

Happy and Content with Bakers Rack

Hello Everyone!  Back in the fall I purchased this baker’s rack at an indoor yard sale.   

003

It has been sitting in my shed waiting for a little make-over.  I wanted to paint the drawers and replace the wood on the top. 

004

Last week when we had a few warm days, I pulled it out of the shed.  I gave it a good scrub down, painted the drawers and replaced the wood. 

003

Over the weekend, I took it to my booth. 

011

I was happy and content to finish this job and place it in my booth, that is until the other day.  I was browsing Pinterest and I stumbled upon several baker’s racks that made me think that maybe I should have kept the one I just took to my booth.   Take a look at a few that I pinned! 

Bakers Rack

Source

need to get a baker's rack so I can do this! Love.

Source

Bakers Rack for Fall

Source

Aren’t they all beautifully accessorized!  And those were only a few that I pinned. 

Guess what I did…..I called the Antique Mall where I have my booth and asked if the baker’s rack was still in my booth and they said YES!!!   The next day, I made a trip there and brought the baker’s rack back home.  Right now, I have it sitting on my screened in porch just waiting for the weather to get warm again so that I can accessorize it!   

013

You want to know what I took to my booth to replace the baker’s rack that I brought back home……..

008

….yep, my potting bench that I had on my screened in porch! 

Hopefully, it will sell to someone who will get as much enjoyment out of it as I have the past few years. 

002

As always, thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!  The weather here for the weekend is suppose to be nice so hopefully I will have the opportunity to accessorize my baker’s rack!! 

Gail

12 comments:

  1. Love the transformation. You took something plain and made it look fabulous. Of course, you always do.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out wonderfully, Gail! I love it! I had to laugh when I read that you went back to get it. It will look great accessorized. The inspiration pics you found are just wonderful. I'd love to have the space to have something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job...looks wonderful. My mom has one in her den that she puts her deck plants on in the winter so they make it to be moved back to the deck...They are wonderful for the plants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did an awesome job on your baker's rack and that piece can go just about anywhere. It will definitely look great spruced up for spring. However, I do love that potting bench too. Someone will scarf that up immediately with spring getting closer and closer. Your space looks wonderful, Gail. Very inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on the bakers rack Gail...I always loved the way your potting bench looked with all your pretty displays on and around it...especially that Fall one!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whew, that was close! It looks great! I have always loved baker's rack.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your baker's rack looks great, Gail! Good thing it hadn't sold yet so that you can enjoy it yourself for a change. I know you'll have it accessorized beautifully. I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both pieces! I can see how you'd want to keep the baker's rack. The changes you made to it really brought it to life! Enjoy and hope that your potting bench sells quickly! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how the backers rack turned. You did a great job with it. Your booth is so nice, very inviting and ready for spring. You do a great job! Thanks for sharing. Denise

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been itching for a bakers rack but just don't know where I'd put it.lol Yours is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what a beauty!! Love what you have done!!
    Guess I will be keeping my eye out for a bakers rack when we go antiquing this summer.
    Oh I can't wait....

    ReplyDelete
  12. You really had a vision for that piece...such a wonderful transformation, Gail!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails