Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Kitchen Vignettes

I want to share with you some of the fun and festive things I’ve done for Christmas in my Kitchen. 

091

On the top shelf I have jingle bell topiaries, a picture and a Christmas swag all of which I made.

077

I made the topiaries using  my rooster candlesticks, large  jingle bells and some Christmas greens and berries.  I used floral clay to hold the jingle bells and greens on the candlesticks. 

079

I also made the picture.  I printed out the verse in Word, used scrapbook paper and framed it.    The swag is just floral picks wired together and I made a bow for the center. 

080 

I love my glass rooster and he’s proudly displayed on the second shelf along with my bird cage.  The red trees were  purchased at The Christmas Shoppe about a month ago.  I love how whimsical they are.  

050

This  is where all the goodies can be found on the top of the cabinet.    Next week my plans are to start my Christmas baking.  The tiered plate will hold  my Christmas cookies. 

081 

Isn’t this dish beautiful?  It was my Mom’s and now will be a part of my Christmas vignettes as it was a part of hers.  

094

083

I can’t tell you just how much I love having this whole new set-up in my kitchen.   Decorating it for Christmas has been so much fun.  Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoyed. 

Gail

 

17 comments:

  1. Everything is just beautiful, I love your Christmas gifts saying-might make one for myself! Enjoy the special dish, it's lovely:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cozy and Christmasy. Love it!! Love the rooster!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how perfectly festive this looks! I have that same birdcage tucked away but now you've inpired me to use it for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gail, that shelving with the cabinet is one of the most beautiful things I have seen around. And your styling is amazing. I want those rooster candlesticks. And that footstool is so stinking cute! I love this!
    Lacy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gail! Oh, I love your little shelves and they are just Christmasing all over the place! You've done a great job. I love your Rooster candlesticks and how you've adding the big bells! Everything looks wonderful
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gail, love the red and white and that is the best rooster. merry♥O

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love your Christmas vignettes in the kitchen. Something about the red and white theme in the kitchen is what I like for Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful to have such a wonderful keepsake from your Mother. The platter is beautiful.Everything looks so festive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This room is beautiful too! I see you've used the use of white so much through your kitchen area as a feature color. It looks wonderful. If you want to show it off further, I'm having the Boardwalk Bragfest today. You know you're always welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very Pretty! Everything looks so wonderful together.
    Brooke
    thecraftcave.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely! So simple and clean. Beautifully decorated :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty! I love the red with your white shelves and decor. Your vignettes are so appealing! I also love your mothers dish, it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous. I love this area of your kitchen and your decor is just stunning. The platter of your mom's is such a beautiful and precious keepsake. Love it all. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Gail...

    My friend...your kitchen is soooo beautiful dressed up in its Christmas finery! I love the traditional red and green...and it looks sooo pretty with the white! You have some beautiful pieces...love your mama's pretty Christmas plate! You have done a fabulous job with your Christmas decor...I love it!!! Thank you for sharing it with us today...this was such a treat!!!

    Warmest Christmas Wishes...
    Chari @Happy To Design

    PS...I have been spending time over here at your place...going through all of your Christmas posts! Just wanted to let you know that I have thoroughly enjoyed each and every one!!! Thank you, Gail!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The plate is beautiful. I have some of my mother's plates and it's such fun to use them and remember how she loved and used them, too. I have a bell just like the one on your candlestick and now I know what to do with it. Thanks for the inspiration of your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is just so pretty! I love what you did to those roosters. Your kitchen looks great, very festive, fun and ready for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all your Christmas deecor in your kitchen1 I just LOVE red so Christmas decorating makes me HAPPY! This was a delight to see. You can see my kitchen decortions at my blog too. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails