Friday, May 11, 2012

Garden Tool Carrier

Hello Everyone! 

I finished another project today and just had to share it with you…...my garden tool carrier as I’m calling it. 

007

  I know you have seen these tool carriers, tool boxes or tool totes (whatever you want to call it) all over blogland and used many different ways.   I bought one at a Thrift Store a few weeks ago with the intent of using it to house all of my garden tools.   I’m always trying to find my garden tools.   I tend not to put things back where they belong….just ask my husband.   Hopefully, this will help….HA HA! 

I’m a bad blogger!   I started painting it and realized I forgot to take a picture of what it looked like before. But, imagine if you will, this tool carrier stained natural with pictures of little Amish people on the front and back. 

003

First, I painted it white and then I randomly applied two different shades of green all over the tool carrier.     

012

Once that dried, I went back over it again lightly with more white paint.  I then printed off a graphic I found at The Graphics Fairy and applied it to the front of the tool carrier with Outdoor Mod Podge. 

010

When the Mod Podge dried, I sanded it and then applied the Annie Sloan Sloan Dark wax to it. 

016

Now, all I need is for my potting bench to hurry up and get here so that I can place my garden tool carrier on it.  I’ve been patiently waiting for it so I can also finish up with my screened-in porch. 

008

As always, thanks for your visit and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and a Happy Mother’s Day!  

Gail

Linking to the following parties:

From My Front Porch to Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday

The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday

French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday

At The Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday

A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday

28 comments:

  1. Oh what a cute gardening tote.
    I think the graphics add that special touch.
    I have a rustic tool box I made out of reclaimed wood. I might have to copycat this.lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, Gail! Outdoor Mod Podge? I had no idea. Good to know because I was thinking of doing some terra cotta pots and they would be outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love it. It is wonderful and looks like it is all ready to head to the garden. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great paint job and love the way you have it filled. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gail you are so good. I love the finish and it is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, French gardening in your future. How wonderful did that turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your tool carrier.You did such a fabulous job on it. I've been looking through your posts and you do the most amazing projects.I'm loving everything you do and i'm getting a lot of inspiration.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great caddy. I love it! Great styled photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gail your caddy turned out beyond beautiful lady!! If it turns up missing don't come looking over here!;) Thanx for coming to the party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a great job. The tool box looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Gail,
    This looks pretty darn cute! I didn't realize that there was an outdoor MP. Thanks for the tip.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love it.....so cute!!!!! The graphic you added is such a great touch too! Have a great weekend :o)
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your garden tote is just adorable! I love it. I have been looking for one of those. I found one finally.
    Have a good weekend.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Followed over from French Country Cottage. The tote is tres belle! Are you really going to use this outside?

    Distressed Donna Down Home

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute! I just redid a tray for my kitchen. I may have to go find a graphic for it now.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. ________________________. (Insert my standard comment of *I love it*.)

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it! I didn't see is was green at first - and thought, green? It's just lovely! Everything about it is great. I think I'm on the lookout for this little something something! Really love it and it would look so cute on my little wagon!

    Wishing you a wonderful and happy Mother's Day!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't believe that it didn't start out already looking like that! Amazing! It looks professionally done and very vintage and french. That not only works as a garden caddy, but so many other things if you choose too. I need to go check out The Graphics Fairy. They seem to have some good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cute Gail. Just love it, you did such a cute job you could give it as a gift. ME, me, me!!!!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're so lucky to have found this little box at the thrift store; I've been bugging my husband to make me one for ages. I know, I know, there's no excuse, it's not like I can't hammer a nail myself. I love how you painted yours with white and 2 shades of green, and applied the French label. I didn't know there's "outdoor" mod podge. Great news! Your little garden toolbox is just darling.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, Gail, I just love, love your tool carrier! It looks so pretty and the graphic on it is perfect! I love the way you have filled it! So very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Once again, Gail, you are sooooo very creative! I LOVE what you've done ... the graphic is perfect, as is the way you styled it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gail,
    Very nice transformation!!! Something tells me, that little box is going to be used for more than just garden tools. Am I correct?
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  24. I had no idea there was an outdoor Mod Podge! Your carrier is just beautiful, the graphic just makes it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Gail,

    Oh wow! The carrier looks amazing and beautiful :)

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  26. Really cute! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails