Friday, August 10, 2012

For the LOVE of Baskets

I LOVE baskets and I’m sure most of you do too.  And what I LOVE even more is when you can take a 1/2 bushel basket that looked like this……

004 - Copy

…….and transform it into this!

069

I stained the baskets with a vinegar and steel wool solution which you can read about here.  However, I sprayed the baskets with a garden hose after I applied the solution because it does stink.  Then I let them dry in the sun.  I really like how they turned out using this solution and I would use it again. 

074

I Mod-Podged two different graphics from The Graphic Fairy on the front of each basket. 

066

The picnic basket you see below also got a new look……

002

….to this. 

064

To achieve this look, I first spray painted the entire basket white.  Next, I applied a dark wax and then dry brushed a light and dark gray on it.    Again I used another graphic from The Graphic Fairy.   Except this time instead of using paper I printed this one on the fabric.  I then Mod-Podged it to the front. 

I’m so glad that baskets are making a come back!  These are only a few of the baskets that I brought into the garage from the shed.

003

  And to think while I was out thrifting today, I picked up three more! 

As always, thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Gail

Sharing with: 

The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

At The Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday

2805 for Potpourri Party

 

25 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Gail those baskets are gorgeous! I can't believe that solution transformed them so much! The dry brush paint gave the other one new life also. The graphics are perfect. How are you going to use them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try that vinegar method. I love the way it turned out!

    You've got quite a collection of baskets. I've kept all mine, too, since I never tire of them, especially when autumn rolls around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gail I have never tried that method. Thanks for the info. As for the baskets you can never have too many. Great for decorating and storage.
    Have you seen the new dipping method. I really like the one that you hang.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baskets are at the heart of all my seasonal decor. I never get enough of them. I love the way you've up-dated these. You've inspired me to get a few of my older ones out and give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gail,
    Great transformation! Those are always great to have.This would be great for a gift too!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad baskets are making a come back because i love them too! I USED to have TONS of baskets but got rid of alot of them (pre blogging)....darn! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gail; fabulous ideas here--I have a basket just like yours and gonna try this vinegar treatment. They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you stained the baskets and used the graphics. I really have to try this on some of the baskets I have.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gail, those look great. I will have to read about that method.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are fantastic. I just got rid of a bushel basket at a garage sale because I didn't know what to do with it. Duh. Serves me right! Great job. Pinning these from your site :) Hope that's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how they turned out...so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of your baskets looks so wonderful. I have seen some baskets decoupaged lately. I like how yours turned out. I love using baskets around the home.
    They are perfect for lots of uses! Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha, just when you think you are making a dent in your baskets, you bring home three more, Gail! : ) Although, I shouldn't laugh. I have baskets throughout our house to keep things tidy and organized. I am going to need to buy six more for when I finish that newly found roadside rescue!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Gail, I love what you did to the 1/2 bushel basket and the other ones, too. They look amazing! You are so talented.
    Hugs, cindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. They turned out Great. The old, vintage look is perfect. I used to have lots of baskets.....quite awhile ago actually, but not as many now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. O MY GOSH....these are awesome. I am going to try one...sooo cute. You did an excellent job. Now, how do you copy onto fabric...??

    ReplyDelete
  17. These turned out great, Gail...really changes the look beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gail, you transformed these baskets beautifully! They really look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i'm with you on this one, Gail! I've always loved baskets for a multitude of things. And I really love the look you achieved using the fabric mod-podged to the front of the basket and all of the layers of color!

    Have a great weekend!

    Blessings,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the way your basket turned out ... I'm pinning this ...I really want to try this:)
    Francine

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous baskets. Did you use white or apple cider vinegar? gelswood@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Me again....could not find a contact so just wondering if you have any ideas on how to countryfy a display case that is almost floor to ceiling that has two levels with a traditional type crown molding top. It is a dark finish which I do not want to change. Lots of open display cubbies as it was used to display men's shirts. My daughter bought it and gave it to me for my birthday and I do love it but want to add an antiques touch to my living room. Thanks, gelswood@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those are just gorgeous Gail and look like they came from a high-end boutique! Thanks so much for sharing them with us last weekend at Inspiration Friday! :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  24. I LOVE the basket make-overs! They look great!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails