Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I Painted the Potting Bench!

Hello  Everyone! 

This morning while I was painting my front porch swing in the garage, I started thinking about the potting bench on the screened-in porch.  (I think a lot when I paint and if I’m not thinking…..I’m singing!)  I really like the size of the potting bench and it’s a perfect fit for the screened-in porch.  But I don’t really care for the finish.  So, when I finished painting the swing, I took the paint, paint brush and myself to the screened-in porch and started painting the potting bench.

Take a look at it now……

009

I used outdoor white paint. While the paint was still wet, I took a rag and wiped some of the paint off. 

Yesterday, when I posted about the potting bench, which you can read about here, it looked like this.

050

I kept everything the same on the potting bench, except I added a plant inside the dirt bucket.   

013

I’m so glad today was a thinker day for painting rather than a singing day….LOL!  Otherwise, this potting bench would probably still look the same.  For now, I’m happy with it and will more than likely be keeping this for a while. 

003

Thanks for stopping by and hope you all have a wonderful day. 

Gail

Linking this post to the following parties: 

Savvy Southern Style for WOW Us Wednesday

DIY by Design for Swing into Spring

25 comments:

  1. Now I didn't think it was possible to make that potting bench any prettier, but you did it! I love the paint job. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very, very pretty, Gail !! I love the new color, along with the fun pops of red !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it looked good before but not is a Wow! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new color. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ~ I love it painted, Gail! I thought you were going to say you used French Linen on it; I had to go back and re-read "white". I guess the original stain and wiping it off added to that look. So, where's the swing? : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it painted! I never met a potting bench I didn't love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it painted white, Gail! Turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love it Gail.. looks so fresh and bright and the items on it really show up well too..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gail...

    Oooh...your potting bench looks sooo beautiful dressed in it's new finish! I love it...and I love all of your pretties that decorate the bench! Simply beautiful, my friend! You did GOOD!!!

    Warmest wishes,
    Chari

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a difference it made! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh...I love how your potting bench looks painted. I'd love it if you shared it with my readers at Mod Vintage Life on my linky party - Mod Mix Monday which is going on now...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Gail I can't stand it! So darn cute, wish I could see it in person. I love this. And I love the bright red geraniums. I just got some and I love how they add happiness to my back porch. Hope you have an awesome weekend this weekend.
    blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I liked it before too, but I think it definitely goes better with your porch décor now. I like the planting in the dirt box, and all the other accessories are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome piece Gail. Looks so good paired up with that yellow chair too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so pretty. I like the finish before, but love the after! I am your newest follower.

    Robin
    Robin Flies South

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Gail,

    I love your potting bench. Super idea to paint it.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it Painted, Gail. All the accessories are awesome. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your bench was great before, but your make-over is AWE-some. LOVE the geraniums. They are my favorite annual. Thanks for sharing. It's an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The potting bench looks lovely, reminds me I must get something like this for our garden.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love it's new paint job...:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gail,

    I seriously adore your potting bench. And the paint is a perfect fit! And you have it all set up and decorated so lovely!

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  22. I couldn't believe it! You were considering painting that beautiful becnch, but it turned out even prettier than I could imagine. You sure have vision and talent. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails