Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Antique Wine Demijohn

Hello Everyone!  This past weekend,  Charlie and I went to an auction. Look at this antique wine demijohn that I bought. 

040 

   It has a red metal collar around the top that reads Perrin & Fils Rognonas Brevete.

042

  Look at the red wooden handles that it has.

041

I have seen a few different styles of demijohns but I have not seen one like this.

      043

   There was someone else there that was just as intrigued as I was with this demijohn.  He was bidding against me and I finally won the bid for $55 which I didn’t think was bad at all.   

044

I purchased a few others things at the auction which I will share with you in another post.   I also have to show you what I have been working on that has been stashed in the shed. 

003

017

004

As always, thanks for stopping by and your sweet comments.  They always make my day! 

Gail

16 comments:

  1. That's a really neat one Gail! Never seen one like that before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That demijohn is fantastic! Great find!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow, you got a fantastic deal! I love it. I have not seen one with the red handle before, but I have seen them in that style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Love the red handles! Look forward to seeing what else you got!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That demi john is large and in charge. Well done Gail. Auctions get me all bothered. xoxo, olive

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic demijohn! Can't wait to see what you do with the shed items.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice find on that demijohn, Gail! I've never seen one with handles before. You look like you've been busy with your shed treasures! : ) I can't wait to see what you've done with them. I wish I had a shed. The main "con" to living in a condo is not having the room we had at our house for me to bring things home and work on them when I was ready.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You scored a fabulous piece just in time for a pretty autumn vignette!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome find! and I love what you have in your shed!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like you have some great stuff in your shed! The new Demijohn is beautiful! Have a wonderful day.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great find Gail! I've never seen a demijohn in that style before, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome find! I've never seen one like it before either! It will be beautiful in your home!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous demijohn! I've never seen any like that. It's a real special one.Hope your keeping cool.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great find. I don't know how I missed this post.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails