Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Fall Touches on the Mantel Shelf

Hello Everyone!  I feel as if I am so far behind in sharing my fall decorating this year.  And because of that, I have missed a lot of bloggers fall parties.  Between my booth at Unique House of Antiques and the newest addition to our family, Harley, (you can read about him here) I have been busy!  Today, I thought I would at least share my fall mantel shelf in the family room.  

011

This year, I decided not to do pumpkin topiaries.  Instead, I flanked each end of the mantel shelf with a pair of lanterns and the faux eucalyptus swags that I made last year.  

014

I placed magnolia leaves inside the lanterns that I clipped from our magnolia tree. 

011

   It’s hard to believe that I purchased this mantel shelf at an auction many years ago for $1.  And to this day I still LOVE my $1 purchase.  

As always, thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have a wonderful week.

Gail

Sharing with:

Savvy Southern Style for WOW Us Wednesday

20 comments:

  1. Hi Gail,
    Your mantel looks so lovely. I really like the lanterns and the garland.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I love your $1. Love the look and it is so pretty. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always look forward to seeing how you decorate your shelf/mantel and am so glad you shared your fall 2013 look. The lanterns are wonderful along with the magnolia leaves and burlap bows, a nice change from pumpkins and yet looks very fall-ish. I can't believe you only paid $1 for your shelf! In some ways, I think it is better than a mantel - more compact which adds drama - or maybe it is how well you decorate it! Always looks wonderful!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great find. I always love coming by here and seeing how it is decorated for the seasons.
    Looks fantastic.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love to see how you decorate your mantel shelf, Gail! It always looks great. What a great price you got it for, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving this stylish mantel! I love the rustic antlers. I'm visiting from the WOW party. I would love to invite you to share this at our new link party Modern Cottage Mondays at Curate by Carrie Corson:) http://curatebycarriecorson.com/2013/10/14/31-days/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where on earth did you get those lanterns?!! Are they battery operated? I LOVE LOVE LOVE them! And the antlers? Seriously. They are the perfect touches to the perfect fall mantel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous job as always Gail. Those lanterns are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great fall mantel! I love the clock and lanterns! You certainly made a good buy...
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the mantel, all the black and the textures. Alaina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful fall mantle Gail!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your mantel is always lovely to behold, Gail, it's very pretty with the eucalyptus and magnolia leaves. I love the lanterns! I hope your shop is doing well, enjoy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your mantel is charming- love the lanterns, burlap and deer heads!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it! So natural and warm. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Gail,
    I hope all is well and you are busy with the Christmas season. I would love to see your pretty Christmas decorated house when you get a chance to blog again.
    Hugs, cindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Been missing your posts. Hope everything is ok and that you are just away enjoying your booth & family! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Gail, just stopping by to wish you a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails