Saturday, February 11, 2012

HomeGood Store Step-Stool

Hello Everyone!   Several weeks ago while shopping at HomeGood Store, they were stocking their shelves with these cute little step-stools.

002

I picked one up for $19.99 thinking it would work great in the powder room.   Although I liked the picture on the steps, I wasn’t a fan of the green.   I knew I would change that and I did as soon as I got home with it.        

044

I used three different Annie Sloan chalk paints to achieve this look.  First, I painted the whole step-stool with Graphite, then Versailles and then lightly brushed on Off White. After it dried, I sprayed water here and there and wiped it down to show signs of  wear.  Next, I applied both clear and dark wax. 

067

An easy fix and it only took me about an hour from start to finish.

042

It’s the perfect size for our grandsons and fits so nicely in the powder room.  My daughter-in-law mentioned that she would love to have one in her little powder room and guess what…..HomeGood Store had one left and lucky for me I got it!    

001

Because the pattern on top of the step-stool was not going to work in her powder room, I re-did this one too.  Again, I used three different Annie Sloan chalk paints; Graphite, Primer Red and Off White.

011 014

After it dried, I sprayed water here and there and wiped it down to show signs of  wear.  Next, I applied both clear and dark wax.

003

I don’t know about you but I like having a little stool or a waiting bench in our bathrooms especially for our grandsons.  Now, I need to make a trip to their house so I can deliver the little step-stool.   It’s always nice to find some little excuse to get up there just so we can see those grandsons of ours…of course to see our son and daughter-in-law too! 

As always, thanks for visiting and have a wonderful weekend. 

Gail

20 comments:

  1. Nice job on those stools. I love the combination of the chalk paints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a freak about stools of any sort. Your make overs are terrific Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know which is my fav, maybe the one you kept. Tell me more about the water spray method? I have never used that before.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice stepstools, Gail! My daughter mentioned wanting one for their bathroom for the granddaughter to be able to reach the sink. I probably will be needing one for my house, too. Your post has reminded me to add this to the Hobby Lobby/Michael's list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just joinned as a follower. I think I can spend the rest of the evening looking. Just wonderful! Hugs, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute little step stools. You did a good job on them. It looks like you have the same sink as I do.
    I'm following on Linky now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Love how your step stools turned out. So Cute.
    I have a nice solid step stool, that I used with all 3 of my boys.
    And my oldest is 23, I think he was 3 when i purchased it. Back
    then I just stained it. I have it down in the basement somewhere.
    I think I might just have to find it and re-do it, just because.
    Thanks for sharing and thanks for the inspiration!
    Enjoy your weekend!

    sandraallen260@centurytel.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love yours Gail and your DIL is going to love hers too! Great paint treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look like the stools that IKEA sells for 19.99. Except IKEA'S are plain.
    Love how you painted these two.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are so cute...they turned out fabulous!!!! And you got them for such a great price too!
    Have a great weekend :o)

    PS. I am now following you on Google...hope you will follow me back :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks cute! I like the idea of a stool too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI Gail,

    The stepstools turned out just fabulous! I really like how you transformed them into your own! I'm sure your DIL will love hers when she receives it! How totally nice! GREAT JOB!

    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the stool redo, Gail! How pretty! Have a wonderful weekend!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a great idea to turn something new into something that fits your own style!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Gail, so very neat I know your DIL is going to love it, have fun with your gransons.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the idea of a stool in the bath too!! Your is so cute, both of them! Don't you just love HG!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your step-stools look fabulous! I love both of them, and I 'm sure the grand sons loving stepping up on them. I love that bathroom sink, my hubby is considering buying one that I like in HD, I wish they had that one, it's gorgeous.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing your idea! I have little stools all over the house, too, for my wee ones and for me! I don't need them to get washed up or brush my teeth, of course ~ he he he. But, I always need something above my head in the laundry room, kitchen and craft room. I'm going to keep my eyes opened for something I can get painted up for myself. They would look better than my old Rubbermaid stools I now use!

    Blessings,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the BEFORE and the AFTER! Sure wish there was a Home Good Store near me. Yours is the second blog I've read tonight showing what wonderful treasures were found there!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those turned out so great, Gail! I love how you made each perfect for the space it would be in! Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comment about my hutch!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails