Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Master Bathroom - Another Home Project Goal Underway

It’s busy and messy in our household once again!  We have started the master bathroom renovation, which was on our Home Project Goal list last year.  

Below, is a look at our master bathroom prior to beginning the renovation.

040

I have removed the wallpaper and border so far.  

010

Now I need to spackle all the holes and make my final decision on a paint color. 

We’re installing a double sink vanity to replace the current single sink vanity.

007 - Copy

  We purchased the vanity cabinet, double sink vanity top, faucets, wall cabinet and two lighting fixtures at Lowes over the weekend.   It’s all sitting in the garage. 

003

We would love to replace the tub/shower stall with a hot tub but that’s not going to happen unless we win the lottery and we all know that is wishful thinking.  006

So for now, our plans are to tile the upper wall above the tub/shower stall.  I’ve already picked out the tile, we just need to make another trip to Lowes to pick it up. 

We’re replacing the flooring with…

 007

…….floating vinyl planks manufactured by Armstrong.   

Zoomed: Armstrong 6"W x 36"L Exquisite Urethane Oak Floating Vinyl Plank

  It’s a water-proof flooring which makes it perfect for bathrooms, kitchens and basements. Supposedly you just peel, place and press.   We’ll see.  This will the first time using this product.    

We’ve ordered it and the expected delivery date is the 20th of February. 

Our master bathroom is very small but hopefully with all the changes it will make a big difference

As always I enjoy your visit and have a wonderful day.

Gail

21 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see ittttt..... the plank flooring is going to transform it huh!

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can not wait to see it when it is finished. The wood floors are going to look great.

    Following you on Linky follower gadget; would love for you to stop by and follow on mine.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very exciting Gail, I know it is going to look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! I would Love to do some remodeling around here, but unless I win the lottery that will not happen, Lol! I think your bathroom is beautiful the way it is, but can't wait to see what it looks like all finished. I Love the flooring you chose. Enjoy yor day!


    sandraallen260@centurytel.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gail,
    what great ideas you have for your bath redo..
    Please be sure to let us know about the flooring- if you like it-- how difficult it was to install. I really dont like the tile I put in mine and would love to have the flooring you choose. I'll be waiting to hear your evaulation of it..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great plan! We used this exact flooring in our laundry room and it turned out great, and was SUPER easy to install! I cannot wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exciting! I am looking forward to seeing the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you've got a good size bathroom, Gail. I've seen smaller ~ my original bathroom at my old house for one! The best thing we did when we redid our bathroom was double sinks. Thankfully, our new place also had them already. I'm sure you must be very excited to get this project going. I'll be looking forward to seeing your future posts on this project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I can't wait to see the flooring! When the floating vinyl planks were first available for DIYer's it was prohibitively expensive - I think I need to recheck on this product, it's really beautiful! We thought about a tub/shower redo, too, and found unless we could sell all of the grand kids, wasn't happening for us either! he he he!

    I can't wait to see your redo - it will be as beautiful as your other projects, I'm sure!

    Blessings,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's going to be fabulous, Gail ... can't wait to see !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know it's going to be beautiful....can't wait to see how it turns out, especially with that "wood" floor.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am sure it will look nice when you get it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love to keep track of transformations, I'll be back to see what all you've done! You must be excited, love a re-do!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't wait to see what you do with a small space. Our master bath is small too. Two sinks though, thank goodness! Not much wall space or storage though. I'm always looking for storage ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, Gail it's going to be so pretty, I love the flooring you picked out! I'll can't wait to see it turns out !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can't wait to see the finished space. I will follow on my way out because I am sure I will enjoy engaging and supporting your special place now I have found you. I hope you will find a little time to come visit me soon. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Gail,
    I'm looking forward to seeing this second bathroom finished, the floor will be so pretty and I like the light fixture. What are you going to do about a tub curtain? Will you replace that as well? I'm very excited for you!
    We are planning on painting, putting in new light fixture and faucets in our one and only bathroom that's about half as big as yours.
    I had better get busy, and like you, one more thing will be off of my list.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Gail! Your bathroom is going to be beautiful! Can't wait to see it.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't wait to see the finished product Gail. I saw that floor and was pretty impressed by the look.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OH this will be a great project, Gail! Can't wait to see it...must feel good to get going on it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is going to be a great makeover! Can't wait to see it!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails