Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Porch Swing

Hello Everyone! 

We finally got the porch swing hung on the front porch just in time for our Memorial Day gathering on Saturday.

016

Let me tell you it was a stinker to hang!  We had to remove some of the siding on the porch ceiling to find the ceiling studs.  The stud finder could not locate the exact location of the studs in the ceiling. 

015

After two failed attempts of trying to hang it,  I would say it was worth all the hard work. 

019

I made the seat cushion and the pillows for the swing.  The seat cushion was made out of a piece of drop cloth I had.   

018

I have really enjoyed swinging in my swing especially the last few evenings with all the hub bub of the weekend behind me.

As always, thanks for your visit and your sweet comments.  They always make my day. 

Gail

Linking this post to the following blog parties: 

Savvy Southern Style for WOW Us Wednesday

DIY by Design for Swing into Spring

20 comments:

  1. I'm thinking a nap on that swing would be a great way to spend some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so cozy, a wonderful spot to get lost in a book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how I wish I had a porch in the front to hang one! Our coverings are all aluminum and the after thought to them is how to hang items from them?

    This is so inviting, if I bring the sweet tea, could I have a swing? he he he! This came out splendid! Love your pillows and cushion. The drop cloth is perfect! Nice job, Gail!

    Blessings,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gail. I love your porch swing! It's so pretty and I'm sure you're enjoying it. I haven't had one in years but would love to have a swing again! Pretty cushions and pillows too.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your porch swing. They always bring back memories of summers on my Grandmom's porch. Love your cushions too.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was worth the hard, hard work Gail. It is splendid with the red pillows. I once broke my head nurses porch swing-it came right out of the ceiling during our Christmas party. I was hard to forget after that party I tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There isn't much more Americana than a white porch swing! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing completes a porch like a swing. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry it was such a hassle ... but now that it's up I'm totally envious! Sigh. If only my porch was bigger ...

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a comfy looking space. I could sit out there all day and read.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks so perfect, Gail, surrounded by your ferns and with the flag in the background! A great All American Summer look! I'll bet it is nice to sit there and swing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gail I love your swing and the pillows and the ferns and that beautiful grouping of flowers behind the swing! Can you tell I LOVE it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Gail! I LOVE your porch swing, and I'm a little envious, I want an outdoor swing so badly. I am going to be seriously looking for one when I get home. Your pillows and seat cover are beautiful.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. At least you have a porch to hang a swing on. How pretty. I love to swing on one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the pillows with the boys, especially

    ReplyDelete
  16. That says welcome and stay awhile and swing.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gail, it looks so beautiful! It was worth all the hard work! Love, love your pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Gail,

    I love your porch swing. Your pillows are so pretty and it sure looks so inviting.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails