Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Potting Bench on the Screened-in Porch

Hello Everyone! 

For the past year, I have had a potting bench for the screened-in porch on my “list of things to do”.  Needless to say,  I have not gotten around to making it so I did the next best thing….I ordered one from Amazon.  

053

It’s not exactly what I originally envisioned making, but for less than $100 it will do for now.  

I’m not using the potting bench as an actual garden work station but more as a place to display some flowers, herbs and garden accessories on the screened-in porch.  

045 

I placed some clay pots, galvanized tins, watering cans and even little natural elements on the potting bench.   

When I was power washing our deck a week or so ago, I found two wasp nests under the deck railing.   I saved them and placed them on the potting bench.  One I placed inside the clay pot and the other is inside the bulb planter.  

006

And then yesterday while watering my ferns on the front porch, I found two bird nests inside two different ferns.  I removed them and placed one on the potting bench inside a clay pot and the other is sitting on the front porch.    

007

I hated to remove them but I need to water my ferns so they will just have to make their little nest somewhere else.

How do you like the reindeer moss covered clay pot that I made? 

014

So far, it’s doing okay and hasn’t dried out yet.  Inside the clay pot, I planted English Thyme and that is also doing well.   It has grown since I planted it two weeks ago.  

On the bottom of the potting bench, I have a wire basket with more clay pots inside.  I placed three of the clay pots upright so I could plant some Lavender inside the pots….so far so good!     

009

And of course my garden tool carrier is on the potting bench as well. 

010

At least I know where all my garden tools are…thank goodness! 

005

  When I first planted this three weeks or ago, I wasn’t sure how well the plants would do inside this galvanized watering can but they have really grown! 

012

About six or seven years ago, I purchased these wooden clogs at a yard sale.  Over the years, they have moved from the front porch to the back deck to the screen-in porch.  Now they’re back on the screened-in porch and the other day I planted Scotch Moss inside of them.    

 010

Not sure how well my moss clogs will do but I will keep you posted.  

051

I’ll share with you the whole screened-in porch on my next blog post. 

012

As always, thanks for your visit and your sweet comments.  They always make my day!

Gail

Linking to the following parties:

A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday

The Farmhouse Porch for Cowgirl Up!

Coastal Charms for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

24 comments:

  1. Gail, I love it all. The composition is splendid. Wow that we both did wasp nest today. Your birds nests are sweet too. I adore terracotta and all of it is beautiful. hugs, olive

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail, It looks awesome!! I love it.I love all your watering cans.It looks perfect.I've been working on my potting bench in my back yard too! It's almost done. I also love the wreath on top of your bench.I'm looking forward to see the whole screen porch.Have a great day.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it and the red geraniums look so pretty! I still have to decorate mine, thanks for the inspiration to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute!!! I love it~ and you have it "stocked" so beautifully! I was just thinking today, of making one, now I'm sure I want one...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gail, your potting bench corner looks wonderful. Love how you styled your potting bench. I noticed that cute little chid's chair that gives a nice pop of color. The geraniums and vine look very healthy in your watering can. All that to say, I love what you've done. Anxious to see the rest of your porch.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute bench and love the displays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gail,
    I love, love your potting bench. I also love all of your pots and plants.
    You have such a good eye for putting together lovely vingettes. Your porch is just perfect.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks so pretty, Gail! I love the displays you've set up. I saw one of those little metal chairs Friday at the antique fair I went to; I was tempted!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's all so very lovely, Thank You for sharing and I hope you have a wonderful week!

    Aledia @ Plum Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a cute bench! You've accessorized it so beautifully. I love all the natural elements.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Gail! Oh, I love this and those little shoes with the greens are darling! What a lovely display.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great place for display on your screen porch. I LOVE the moss planted inside the weathered clogs! Now I want to find a pair!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Charming potting bench!

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty Gail! Love the trio of clay pots filled with Lavender.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really a cute potting bench and you've decorated it so nicely too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gail, I love your new bench! It looks so pretty with all your flowers and decor! I have been wanting one for so long! May be this summer! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have a very similar stand that once held a microwave. I've been thinking about using it the same way. It is stained a light color that I may change to a chippy gray. At this point, still thinking. Your post has inspired me to "get it done". Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. And all of that is displayed so beautiful as only you can do. I happen to love those cute clogs, so I hope the moss does well.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Gail...it is the cutest thing. I love all your touches...that sweet chair...the clogs...the whole thing! Perfect for your screen porch!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your new potting bench! You've got it fixed up so nice. Looking forward to seeing the whole porch.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have no favorite in the entire post - to difficult to choose just one. Love absolutely everything you've done and have here! What a great place to pull up a chair, and ice tea and chat with a friend or listen to music, or even sit and read!

    Wonderful!
    Blessings,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gail I adore the new look on your potting bench and all of your fun potting ideas!

    Thought you would enjoy...Interview with Leslie of Segreto Finishes and her fabulous Book Giveaway! Come on Over!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the moss in your little shoes..and I hope they do well as I put moss in mine too. :) Mine does not have drainage...so we'll see.
    Everything looks so neat and cool and inviting.
    Your potting bench is Just adorable! I love it. I used mine all the time.
    Your chicken wire baskets are also wonderful. What cute idea's you have!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails