Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Dining

Hello everyone!  With Christmas less than a week away, I thought it was time to share my dining room with you.   This was one of the first rooms I did for Christmas and for some reason I forgot to share it with you until today.  

This year I decided to go a little more rustic with the table setting.  I used a silver charger plate and layered it with a grapevine wreath with my white dishes.    

023

I placed a bird’s nest at each place setting and added a little green and pinecones inside with a Merry Christmas tag.

010

Behind each Merry Christmas tag is a child’s wish list tag for four children.

008 

For the last few years Charlie and I have pulled a child’s wish list tag off of an Angel Tree to purchase the gifts they asked for.

This year, Charlie and I decided to get one Angel Tree wish tag for each of our grandsons.  We wanted our grandsons to experience giving to other children who otherwise may not receive any Christmas gifts.

006 

A couple of weeks ago, we found an Angel Tree at our local hardware store.  So, we pulled three wish list tags. As we were leaving, we noticed there was one tag left on the tree.  As we drove home, we talked about that, but it didn’t take us long to turn the car around and go get that last wish list tag.  

007

We purchased the gifts from each wish list tag and asked the boys for their approval.  They liked what we purchased, but the best part was that they really seemed to understand why were doing this.  And that is a Christmas gift to all of us.

008

As always, thanks for stopping by and wishing you all the happy things this very special holiday brings!

Gail

Linking this post to:

A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures

Savvy Southern Style for WOW Us Wednesday

 

15 comments:

  1. We did Angel Tree last year and bought toys for kids in a nearby neighborhood this year. That is a tremendous lesson you are teaching the children. Generosity is contagious. Your table is pretty. Happy Christmas ♥Olive

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table looks so nice. I love all the greenery and the pine cones. I have the same glasses! Have had mine for years.
    It is nice that you are teaching your grandsons to give to those in need.
    When I was still working our company would sponsor a family in need each Christmas. One little girl had bicycle on her wish list. My granddaughter had outgrown her bike and she gladly gave it to this little girl. Then she went shopping with me to help pick out presents for the other kids.
    Warm Christmas Wishes to you and your family.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a wonderful idea. An Angel tree.
    Your table looks great. Love the little pinecone in the nest. Merry Christmas Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gail; I'm jealous as usual! Just gorgeous. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous dinning area!!!Thank you for sharing and a very merry Christmas to you!OXXO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello my friend,
    Your table setting looks beautiful! I love your grapevine wreath under the plates. How do you clean the gravy and other spills off of them, though. Your dining room looks lovely.
    What a great teaching lesson, gifting your grandsons with an angel tree child. I have been wanting to do something of that sort, perhaps one day we will.
    Merry Christmas!
    Love and Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dining room is beautiful, like the rest of your home.
    I think the Angel Tree is a marvellous idea, and how wonderful to involve the boys, encouraging them to think of others less fortunate.
    I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and very best wishes for 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How pretty and festive! Love the idea of the Angel Tags for the grandsons. Merry Christmas!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Gail! I love your rustic Christmas table! That first picture with the lit candles is GORGEOUS!! Merry Christmas! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dining room is beautiful and your tablescape is stunning. I love the rustic touch and the Angel gifts to the grandsons is such a special gift. I know they will be thrilled. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Gail,
    Your table is beautiful decked out in it's finery. Love the dishes and the way you layered everything.
    I took a look at your other posts. I love the way you put the wreath around your Joy plate in the kitchen. Such a cute idea.
    Merry Christmas to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Gail, I love your table setting. Most of all, I love that you are instilling the spirit of giving. I love this post. Have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful gift, Gail! It's so truly rewarding to help others, especially this time of year, isn't it? And, your tablescape is gorgeouss ... I love the vintage cards tucked into the pinecones! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gail your dining room is beautiful. I love the Angel tree gifting. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now a bike shop is no longer the only place to find a great bike, you can find one online and have it shipped to your door and assembled in under ten minutes.

    bike light

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails