Friday, February 21, 2014

Foyer Table Make-over

Hello Everyone!  Now that the Olympics is coming to a close and the weather is starting to warm up a little, it’s time for me to get off my you know what and get busy in the garage! 

A few weeks ago, my daughter-in-law’s friend asked if I would like to have this little foyer table.    

027

Of course, I was happy to say yes! 

When I bring home furniture pieces of any kind, nine times out of ten, I’m not exactly sure what I’m going to do with them.  But when I first saw this piece I knew what I was going to do with it.  First, I removed the side and back panels to the table top.  Then I re-stained it and gave it a fresh coat of paint.  

009

Don’t you love it when you have a vision for something and it turns out exactly how you envisioned it.

008

I have a ton of other make-overs just waiting in the garage and I wish that they could be this quick and easy of a fix….but sad to say, they’re not!

010

As always, thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Gail

15 comments:

  1. It looks great, Gail! I like that you removed the side and back panels. It gives the table a different look. I love when something turns out the way I have envisioned it. I need to get off my butt today and paint a table I have here that is for the booth. Hopefully, that will turn out the way I am envisioning it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you do have that magic touch!! Love it!
    Hmm I have a desk/table that's needs a transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out great! Doesn't look like the same table at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Removing the back and sides was a wonderful idea and the makeover looks super duper Gail.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good transformation Gail. I love it.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! Nice makeover! Would love for you to link this to Friday Favorites Gail! Thanks and Happy Friday! http://imnotatrophywife.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, yeah, Gail. You took it from 1980's "country" to modern day with a touch of rustic to it. Love the piece, Gail. You did a great job on it- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, I love an easy transformation. I always see lots of those "heart" type wooden made pieces for resale and by pass them due that. Will have to study them closer now to see how easily removable they are. LOL! Beautiful new look!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how it turned out, Gail...removing the sides and back really updated it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks great in black! I know what you mean about "projects" in the garage. Been feeling very unmotivated and it's supposed to be in the single digits again this week! Big Boo!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a very sweet little makeover, Gayle. I love it and it will find a wonderful home, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gail, it is so pretty! What a wonderful makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, I love when a project turns out exactly as envisioned (but more times than not it doesn't happen that way!) Your make-over of that table is perfect! So much better without the side pieces. Love it!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now that's a great transformation! Love it :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails