Thursday, April 10, 2014

Drop Leaf Table

Hello Everyone!  Several months ago,  I purchased this drop leaf table at an auction knowing that it was going to require some work.  The top had some deep scratches. 

007

My intentions were to sell it.  Now that I’m done with all the hard work of sanding, staining and painting, I’m not so sure I’m going to sell it.  I think I’m going to keep it for myself. 

008

I placed it behind my sofa and I really like it there.  

001

I accessorized the top with things I already had with the exception of the black kitchen scale that I recently purchased. 

048

How do you like my corn cob carrots?  Aren’t they cute! 

047

Charlie and I finished the head board bench.  I can’t wait to share it!  It turned out really nice.  Now we need to get busy and build another potting bench.  The one we just made has sold already.

As always, thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have a blessed week. 

Gail 

Sharing with:

Savvy Southern Style for WOW Us Wednesday

13 comments:

  1. HI Gail! Oh, I just love your table and how you've added the stripe! Now what a darling vignette on it too. You're the most clever one! Hope you're doing well.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table turned out great and I love the vignette on the top of it!!
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gail,
    I would keep it too! It looks perfect in your home. I see that we have the same "cow" pillow :) Like how you added the stripe to it.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. That table is so neat, love how you painted the grain look on it, I don't blame you for keeping it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like that Duncan Phyfe drop leaf table. You refinished it beautifully and I think I would have a hard time parting with it, too. It really looks good right where it landed!n xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. The table looks great, Gail! I think it's great you kept it; it looks perfectly happy in that spot! : ) Wow, it looks like you found a big seller in those potting benches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how your table turned out. I would keep it too!! Those carrots are unique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the table, it is fabulous. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would have kept it also! It turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't blame you for keeping it! It's so cute and looks beautiful behind your sofa! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that table and it would be a keeper for me too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails