Monday, September 3, 2012

Fall Wreaths and a Hanging Door Basket

Hello, I hope everyone is having a wonderful Labor Day weekend!  Today, I spent most of my day in the garage working on some wreaths and a hanging door basket for fall. 

This hanging door basket below was part of an allotment purchase at an estate auction a few weeks ago and let’s just say it did not look like this when I brought it home.  Sad to say, I did not take a before picture because I wasn’t sure I could salvage it.  But with a little paint and dark stain, I think it turned out nice.  

 001

I kept the floral simple in this for fall. 

007

On the front of the basket, I Mod Podged a graphic I found from The Graphic Fairy

004

The fall wreath below was made using an oval grapevine wreath.   

008

I attached fall leaves, pumpkins, cream and brownish orange hydrangeas, a chalkboard and burlap bows. 

And this one, I used a twig wreath.

015

I attached greens, fall leaves, pumpkins, gourds, berries, pinecones and burlap bows. 

Now I’m off to my sewing room to work on some fabric pumpkins.  I have them all cut out ready to be sewn together. 

As always, thanks for stopping by and I hope you all enjoy the rest of this long holiday weekend. 

Gail

24 comments:

  1. Hi Gail, how lovely they all are, I'll have to remember the burlap when I get my wreaths out to update them. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all so pretty. I guess it's time to decorate for Fall. I love Fall, it's so beautiful and the weather is usually mild.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gail, great looking basket and wreaths. I haven't put min together yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gail,

    Your Fall door basket and wreaths are beautiful! Each one is extra special.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gail,
    Great fall basket and wreaths! I am still not ready.Not sure what I will do this year.
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. All three are so pretty! The basket looks really great. I'm so excited for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the door basket and the arrangment in it..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like all three! Sure looks like fall is well on it's way at your house! Love the salvaged basket. Aren't you glad you didn't give up on it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gail I love all three!! I can't wait to start decorating for Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love fall decor and your creations are wonderful! I've got lots of summer stuff to pack up so I can unpack the rest of my autumn "junk". Can't wait to see your fabric pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love them all! Your so creative! Have a wonderful Labor day!

    sandraallen260@centurytel.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such great idea with the basket, I love it! But wreaths are also beautiful, your doors are so lovely decorated now:))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic Gail. I am gearing up for Fall too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty, Gail! Love the basket and the simple florals you added in. Your wreaths are lovely ~ I think that oval one is my favorite. Since it is raining here today, I may hit the attic and get my Fall stuff down. I'm hoping it won't be too hot to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Gail! YOu've been a busy gal! I love your wonderful wreaths and little basket. It'd be hard to pick a favorite.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The basket looks awesome, Gail. Great fall wreaths too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You did a great job on the wreaths and basket. Love the graphics on the basket. All are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Each one is beautiful. So I've gotta pin.

    Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  19. They look wonderful, Gail! I love the French image you added to the basket, too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it all!!! Especially the wreaths. Yes I'm also making pumpkins.
    Don't you just love this time of year....

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have a love for wall pocket type wreaths and you rescued this one beautifully Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm a new follower, I love your wreath ad what about your newer post? I really like the fall wagon...
    Hugs
    Marta

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very pretty, my uber talented friend! Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails