Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A Flea Market Dress Form Find

Hello Everyone!  It’s hard to believe that it’s been a week since my last post.  We’ve been busy this past week working in the yard, weeding, trimming trees, sewing grass seed…all the fun stuff that’s not really blog worthy.  We’ve also been helping my son and daughter-in-law with the re-model of their power room.     

Today, I did manage to sneak in a craft that I’ve been wanting to do.  A  few weeks ago, I purchased this pitiful decoupage dress form from a local flea market in our area knowing that I would transform it.  

002

I recovered the dress form with scrapbook paper.  I distressed the paper with distressed ink and Mod Podged it on the dress form.  I also added a finial on top.  It was missing one on top and I couldn’t believe that I had one that actually fit. 

015

I used a candle holder for a new base since the original base was really wobbly. 

011

I also added a string of faux pearls to it.  For now, I have it sitting in my daughter’s room.   

012

I can’t wait for her to see it!  She’s suppose to be coming home next weekend for a visit.    

020

She loves when I add things to her room.  

As always, thanks for stopping by and your lovely comments.

Gail

Sharing with:

Coastal Charms for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Savvy Southern Style for WOW Us Wednesday

DIY by Designs for Fall into Fall

2805 for Potpourri Friday

Debbiedoo’s for Pinterest Party

14 comments:

  1. Gail I hear ya! I have been busy too where does the time go?
    What a cool dress form! LOVE how your transformed it and that base is perfect!! Your daughter is going to L-O-V-E it!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dress form and what you did with it. Thanks for sharing at DIYbyDesign.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great! Your daughter is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of dress forms. I can't believe I actually gave one away at one point. I haven't heard of that type of pen you used, but it gives a very interesting effect. Very pretty end result, and I'm sure your daughter will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your recovered dress form is lovely! I would be happy if you added things to my room too, everything you do is so pretty!
    Hugs, cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job! I love it!
    Greetings, Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, Gail! Love the finial you used. I did that tabletop one not long ago and after I posted I found a glass knob I had in one of my craft drawers; I added that to the neck/top. Love the elegance of the pearls against the paper you decoupaged on it. The bedroom looks very warm and welcoming. I'm sure it will feel like a big hug to your daughter when she comes home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great transformation...I think your daughter will be happy with her surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice re-do. Your finial was the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Gail, Your dress form looks fabulous! Your daughter is going to love it.I was always wondering where you find distressed ink.I don't think i have ever seen it.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - turned out great. Love the added pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dress forms are my thing! Wish I could find more of them. Love the way you transformed this one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! Pinning this from DebbieDoo's pinterest party! Not because you are my neighbor, but because I love this! Great job!

    Kristy @ Shona Skye Creations
    http://shonaskye.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great transformation! The dress form deserved so much better than that ugly newspaper print! Love the faux pearls and finial on top and what a clever idea, to use a candle holder as a new stand! Your daughter will love it in her room when she comes to visit! Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails