Friday, January 24, 2014

Desk Make-over

Hello Everyone!  Today, I thought I would share with you a recent desk make-over that I did.  Back in the fall, I purchased this desk at a yard sale.  It was structurally sound but was in need of some work, as you can see.   

001

I painted it with Annie Sloan graphite chalk paint.  And here is the after. 

007

I left the top of the desk as it was but I lightly sanded it and and applied
three coats of Wipe-On Polyurethane, lightly sanding between each coat of Polyurethane.   

008

I also changed out the hardware. 

006

Whenever I’m in doubt about choosing a color for a piece of furniture, I tend to go with black.  And so far, it has done me well.  The desk and chair only lasted a day in my booth! 

007

Whenever I see a desk for sale (at a reasonable price) in my travels I will buy them.    Every desk I have had in my booth has sold rather quickly. 

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have a safe and warm weekend.  It’s still bitter cold here and snow is still on the ground from Monday’s snow storm.  They are anticipating more snow for tomorrow….I say, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!   I could use another snow day just to chill with Charlie and maybe just maybe beat him at Yahtzee this time…..he beat my butt bad on Monday….LOL! 

Gail

14 comments:

  1. Wow, Gail!!!! That turned out really great. I LOVE the shiny top on it, too. I can see why your desks sell quickly! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Gail!! That desk looks identical to mine that I redid last year using MMS milk paint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great. I love the top not painted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ilove it Gail! Who does not love a great old desk and they are just so useful! I can see why they sell quickly....especially after your beautification process... Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful desk & an amazing transformation! I love that you kept the top part in the wood. It looks great that way. I don't doubt that one second that they sold quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice desk, Gail! I love it in black and I love the hardware. I haven't gotten lucky enough to find a desk yet, but I'm still looking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful transformation! I love that color - no wonder it sold so quickly! Great new hardware too! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a beautiful makeover. I love the updated handles. My brother use to have a desk just like it. My mom painted it red.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE it and I WANT one just like it!!! Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

  10. What a difference Gail, I have one that I've been thinking about painting black, now I really want too:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks wonderful, and what a great idea to leave the top.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this Gail! And I Love the idea that you kept the top. Looks wonderful.
    Take Care and Keep Warm!

    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a great makeover! I like the hardware that you added too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks great! I'm so glad you are back, I have missed reading your posts. I check your site every single day hoping to see another fantastic post. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails