Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Enamel Top Kitchen Table Before and After

This stuff is amazing! 

004

It’s a spray on paint and varnish stripper.  It took this enamel top kitchen table (below), that I bought at a yard sale, that looked like this…..

003

….to this.

008

It was the easiest and fastest furniture stripping job I have ever done!  I purposely left some of the white paint on the base of the table because my plan was to distress it.

008

I painted the base of the table with Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint in Typewriter and I used her wax on it as well.       

015

  I love the way the milk paint crackled on this piece.  I’m so glad that I left some of the white on it otherwise I probably would not have gotten this effect. 

014

I didn’t need to do anything to the enamel top other then give it a good cleaning after stripping the three layers of paint on it. 

016 - Copy

I really did not expect this table to turn out like this.  I have to be honest, after I brought this table home, I had buyers remorse!  When I got ready to work on it, I really thought I was wasting my time.      

016

Now that it is all said and done, I think this table will probably end up being my most profitable make-over.   Time will tell because it will be going to my booth tomorrow!

017

Because Google Reader will be shutting down on July 1st, I have added BlogLovin’ as another way to follow my blog.  Look at my sidebar for the BlogLovin’ symbol to follow. 

As always, thanks for visiting and for those of you who will be following along with me on BlogLovin’

Gail

Sharing with:

Savvy Southern Style for WOW Us Wednesday

15 comments:

  1. Wow-I can't believe how amazing your table turned out! I'm sure someone will whip it up! ;)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how your table turned out! I'm sure it won't last long finding a new home.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, this is awesome! I've never tried milk paint, but I've seen a lot of pieces done with it, and I have to say, I think I like this one the best! I really love the crackle...! Thanks for the visit. :)

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh! That turned out great. I love how it looks and I have never heard of that particular stripper. Blessings- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to know that this product really does work well! I had read about it, but it sounded too good to be true for a non-toxic product. I'm going to try this on our 86-year-old interior doors, with who only knows how many layers of paint. What a great find, that sweet little table! It's a good thing we don't live closer because I would be shopping in your booth every single day :)
    xo, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Wow what a fantastic transformation.
    Love how this turned out. Thanks for the tip on the spray stripper.
    Now what's this about Google reader??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful updated table Gail! I love how it crackled.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have found the beauty of that product recently as well! Just know readers - that if you see it start turning white - it's not going to "strip", but drying on your item! Depending on the temp & the humidity - it can be ready to scrape in as little as 15 minutes!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That table is now very beautiful, talk about an ugly ducking, I hope you sell it for a lot. I lOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I meant to say "talk about an ugly duckling turning into a beautiful swan", sorry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gail, can you say where you purchased this product ? Thank you !

    patty
    soriano471@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the table what a gem

    you just never know how something will turn out

    ReplyDelete
  13. That white table top was the original enamel? Underneath all that gunk? Amazing transformation! Nobody would have ever thought that was possible - it looks fabulous! You're right - it will sell quickly! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the crackled finish on it Gail, I bet it sells right away!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great end result on this table. The crackle is great.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails