Thursday, June 20, 2013

Night Stands

Hello everyone, I have been plugging away on my stash of furniture that I stacked in the garage.  I just recently finished a pair of night stands that I picked up at a yard sale a few weeks ago.  Do you remember these that I shared about a week or so ago…..

003

….well they are both done and I have them in my booth already. 

002

I painted them with Annie Sloan Chalk paint in Versailles and Pure White.  Instead of using Annie Sloan wax on them, I used Miss Mustard Seed Antiquing wax.  I know I have said this before, but I LOVE her wax!  I just wish that you could buy it in a gallon size bucket but unfortunately you can’t. 

004

I also replaced the original knobs with little glass knobs. 

005

I only have two more things left in the garage to paint and they both require a lot of work.  The enamel top table below…..

003

and the dresser below.  

004

As you can see in this picture, the veneer top of this dresser is in bad shape.

001

   I know I will need to replace the top but if any of you have any others ideas or suggestions on what I could do with the top, I would love to hear them. 

As always, thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have a wonderful day. 

Gail

10 comments:

  1. Gail,
    The nightstands look great...wonderful color combo. I have not used MMS wax...maybe I need to. I will say this...I'm sooo jealous that you only have two items waiting to be restored...I have a ton here. With an awesome garage sale season that we are having and lots of furniture coming from a family member...we are busting at the seams.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nightstands are fantastic! I love that shade of green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those nightstands Gail!Oh I love that table.Well crazy ole me would probably leave it all chippy and worn and do something to match the original chippiness.
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. The nightstands turned out great, Gail! Love the colors you chose. I am looking to try a new chalk paint color that I haven't tried before. I was thinking of Chateau Grey, but I'm going to have to look at the samples again. I have a chair I still need to paint and get to my booth. I will probably do it tomorrow as I am getting tired of walking around it to get into my craft/sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The nightstands turned out beautifully, Gail. I've had many dressers with tops like that. A good sanding, and wood filler might work. Once, I cut a piece of wood to fit, nailed it to the existing top, and painted over it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are SO talented! I love EVERYTHING you do and am envious of your energy to tackle all these projects! I've had a secretary sitting in my garage since February. All it needs is one more coat of paint, but I just can't seem to get the energy or time to do it! Love you blog, can't wait for more! :) -Jesse @ homeonhiddenoaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your newly painted night stands are wonderful! I see you aren't painting everything in black now, so other colours must be selling too. That's nice, a little variety is nice.
    Some people don't replace veneer they just take it all off the top and sand it well, then paint the plywood that was under the veneer and it looks great. I don't know if that will work for you or not, but it's an idea.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Gail. Is that mold on the red piece? The reason I ask is because I have a washstand that looks like that and I'm not sure how to get rid of it before painting it. Love what you did with the night stands.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI Gail,

    I just found you tonight (after midnight)(I need to go to bed.).

    Your work is outstanding. I've got a couple of nightstands I'd like to make over. Do you have any tutorials or can you suggest a place that I can read about how to prepare, paint, and protect pieces like you do?

    Laura
    Longing to Learn in Carthage, Missouri
    lane dot family at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Gail,
    I really like your blog and the projects I have viewed. I just found your blog tonight and subscribed in Bloglovin'.

    Do you have any tutorials about how to prepare, paint, and finish wood pieces? I have a couple of nightstands I'd like to do.

    Blessings,
    Laura
    Longing to Learn in Carthage, Missouri
    lane dot family at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails