A few months ago, I was the lucky auction bidder of this poor pitiful looking dresser!
Believe it or not, I felt sorry for this poor little dresser because not a single person would bid on it. So needless to say, at the last minute I threw my card up in the air and I bought it for little of nothing.
After I brought it home, I thought maybe it does have some potential if I did a whole lot of scrubbing, sanding and a fresh coat of paint. With that being said, I did a whole lot of SCRUBBING, sanding and put a fresh coat of paint on it.
I used a combination of homemade chalk paint (brown) and Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint (Ironstone). I stenciled the front of the dresser drawers with a stencil that I had bought at Michael’s.
The top of the dresser was in bad shape.
Thanks to the suggestion of Rosemary at Villabarnes, I gave the top a good sanding and used wood filler and now the top looks good as new.
I know what you must be thinking…as good as new…what you see here is the result of Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint. The chippy and crackled look was just the look I was hoping for!
As you can see, I took it to my booth today. Hopefully, someone will think she’s pretty now!
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and thanks for stopping by.
Common Ground for Be Inspire
French Country for Featured Nest Friday
Creative Home Expression for The Creative HomeAcre Blog Hope