Monday, March 14, 2011

Our Special Day Vignette

I have wanted to display some of my wedding pictures, but had yet to find the right place in my home.  With the completion of my bedroom makeover that has a more intimate feel to it, I think I have found a home for my wedding pictures.   

085

I recently framed a letter that my husband wrote  me the day before our wedding.  And it seemed  appropriate  to place our hands,  just fitted in wedding bands, below that letter.

095

I placed some other wedding photos beside my letter, all placed atop of a faux fireplace that my husband and I made a few years ago.

092

I think the candles add a nice ambiance to the setting; a setting that reminds me of one of the most beautiful days of my life.

078

Thanks for stopping by and may your day be filled with lots of sunshine. 

Gail

Linking this post to:

A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday

16 comments:

  1. Gail this is just beautiful, and I love how you added the ferns for greenery! The letter framed that your hubby wrote to you, so romantic and sweet. Martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail, I love your wedding memory vignette. It is totally perfect and looks wonderful on the mantel. How special to have these photos and memories out where you can see and enjoy them. Great job. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! That is so beautiful, you are such a wonderful romantic!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweet and romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, beautiful! I love that you framed his letter, too. *Becca*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! So sweet Gail to frame the letter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you found the perfect spot for these treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a pretty cool picture of your hands - love it. Looks so great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is really Beautiful Gail. I'd say that's the perfect place you found for your wedding display. Your bedroom is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think your bedroom is the perfect place for these momentos. I love the idea of framing a letter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful arrangement...perfect place for your wedding pictures. I love the hands picture. Love the colors you picked for your bedroom... very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks great but what a treasure to have a letter written by your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Gail, The vignette is beautiful. It's wonderful to have this special time displayed where you both can see it every day.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now that's romantic! I love the framed letter from your sweet guy. Last year I took all my wedding pictures (old after 40 years!)out of the album and made a scrapbook. I'm thinking now though of getting one of them framed. Love your blog and all your wonderful ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Gail!
    I was just wondering...I LOVE all of the greenery you have in your home and was wondering if you use real plants or fake ones? I am not the best at keeping plants alive but you make me just want to scatter them around every room!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails