Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Restore Round Table

A few weeks ago, I purchased this round table at the Habitat for Humanity Restore for $10.   I loved the size of the table but what really sold me were the legs.  They are solid brass making the table very heavy. 

026

When I brought it home I wasn’t quite sure what I was going to do with it.  After placing it in the living room,  I knew right then and there what I was going to do ….. make an ottoman using the table…..and that’s just what I did. 

018 

I sprayed painted the legs because I wasn’t crazy about the brass. 

030

I hot glued the pleated trim on top of the table and then added the padding. 

002

I’m sorry but I didn’t take pictures of the following steps because I was working like mad and just simply forgot until I was almost finished.   For the padding,  I bought a foam mattress pad at Wal-Mart.  It was a lot cheaper than buying foam at Jo Ann’s.   I tufted the center with a button.      

020 

I stapled the fabric around the sides of the table and then hot glued the trim around the sides.

023

So far, we’ve enjoyed having the extra seating especially  when we play Wii. 

Thanks for stopping by and may your day be filled with all the happiness it can hold.

Gail

Linking this post to:

Savvy Southern Style

18 comments:

  1. Gail that is fantastic! I love it...great fabric choice too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail you are so clever. Love it. What a fabulous find. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find, Gail! Love that you made it into an ottoman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gail, well done and the fabric is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great find. Love that you added the padding. Looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!! I love it!! Especially the dragonfly material you used. I am a major dragonfly lover! Would you mind sharing where you purchased the fabric? I'm gonna be on the lookout for a similiar table to try this idea on. It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great. Fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gail, that is so cute. I have got to check and see if we have one of those stores here. Surely we do. We worked on a Habitat for Humanity house a few years ago. Everyone finds the best stuff there. Thanks again for joining the party.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gail! Oh, who would have thought? You did a spectacular job! I love it and the way you've covered it with the coordinating fabrics looks so pretty!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Gail,
    What a perfectly lovely stool you have!!! I love it and you did a great job on it. It looks like it belongs in that room, too.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gail that is a great idea and it looks amazing! I have a few pillows in that fabric and love them! Just beautiful!
    Lacy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, what a great idea! This is a darling little ottoman, now! Neat way to add a ruffle. I've never seen one done that way. I like it!

    Take care,
    Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a charming ottoman, Gail! Such a great project!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great Job! I Love It!!
    sandraallen260@centurytel.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it Gail. Beautiful done, and it's just perfect for the area when the sectional meets.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness! I just bought a round table from Craigslist to do this exact project! Thanks for the hint about the mattress pad instead of the foam from the fabric store! I am definitely going to do that as I have some new chair pads to make too! Your ottoman looks great....hope mine turns out that good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great use for that table!! The ottoman you created from it is just gorgeous! I love the fabrics.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is such an awesome idea, I may have to steal it!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails