Thursday, February 10, 2011

Antique Flea Market Finds

Over the weekend Charlie and I went to an Antique Flea Market in Fredericksburg Virginia.  They were advertizing 400 vendor booths,  but I don’t really believe there was that many.  I surprised myself and only came home with a few things.  

003

I finally found a child’s wooden shoe.   I paid $3.00 for it.    I have been looking for one for a while now.   

005

I found some wooden letterpress letters.  I bought the letters “Y'” for my daughter-in-law and of course the letters “F” are for me.  

006

An old white porcelain door knob with the hardware attached and a pair of skeleton keys also found their way home with me.  

007

I found a pair of old spindles.  I love the color. 

004

A copper dish. 

013

And I’m not exactly sure what these are; vases or goblets but there was a set of 12 at .50 cents a piece so I bought all 12 of them.  My plans are to use them in the dining room.  

008

My only regret after I got home was not purchasing some old vintage Valentines cards.  There was a vendor that had tons of them.  Charlie and I looked at them and we both reminisced about our childhood and how much we loved giving and receiving Valentine’s Day cards at school.  The funny thing about it, the vendor had cards there that I remember giving and receiving.  Oh well, maybe next time. 

Thanks for stopping by and may your day be filled with lots of sunshine and all the happiness it can hold.

Gail

Linking this post to:

A LA CARTE for Junkin Finds Friday

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating for Flaunt It Friday

32 comments:

  1. Nice stuff Gail...I love flea markets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, you really found some of the neatest things. Love the letters and the keys and doorknob. Gorgeous. Your silver goblets are fabulous. What a great find. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun stuff, Gail! Those goblets have lots of potential. Always love any type of hardware too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gail,
    You found some great little treasures! I adore that child's shoe form, what are going to do with it? Those silver vases will be fun to work with, I will be looking to see what you do with them all.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gail, You found some great things. I love the shoe form and the goblets.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stuff Gail! love it all. Come check out my giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are all things that would have made their way into my bag! I have a thing for old wood shoe forms and the child's one is very cool. Love those spindles too. Can't wait to see what you do with them.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved all your finds Gail. Those goblets will find many uses in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a total shock to click on your link from Junkin' Finds and see Fredericksburg, Virginia, in your first sentence!! I'm in Fredericksburg, too! Howdy, Neighbor. The Fredericksburg Big Flea has never been all that great ... but you found some really good stuff. Do you go to the DC Flea, too.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gail, you did good... I wish I could find some things like this we don't really have any good flea markets here.

    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  11. those goblets were quite the bargain!! Love the door hardware too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great finds! I love your goblets and what a great price!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Goblets/vases/julep cups... whatever they are, I love them and wish I found some deals like that!!! :P
    cant wait to see how you decorate with these items, I know it will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gail, love flea markets if I can find some deals and you found a boat load of them. Love the wooden childs shoe and the spindles. Really everything is fabulous. Thanks for joining Junkin Finds Friday this week! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was some great finds. I love flea markets too! The wooden childs shoe is so cute. Have a great weekend, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh My goodness, you really found some treasures. An old wooden child's shoe? Wow! And how about that copper dish. I can't believe all the great things you found. I would regret the valentine's too. .. Thanks for sharing. Karie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh! I haven't been to a flea market in quite awhile! Love the doorknob and skeleton key. Love that kind of stuff! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gail, I LOVE everything you picked up! Seriously, those are exactly the kind of things I would have been attracted to! So happy you shared this on Chic on a Shoestring!

    ReplyDelete
  19. btw, I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You found some wonderful treasures....These are the things that I would buy! Thanks for sharing!
    sandraallen260@centurytel.net

    ReplyDelete
  21. All your great finds are really giving me the winter blues here. I am so feeling cabin fever now. Thanks for sharing your great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Check out my blog I awarded you something.

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW Gail you hit the jackpot! I really love those spindles, can't wait to see how you use them. Enjoy your weekend, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely things you found! I had to look them over a couple of times--loving the silver cups/goblets especially. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Omigosh Gail you scored big time! I can't believe you got that sweet wooden shoe for only $3!!!
    Have a great weekend!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, I wish I had been with you. What glorious treasures you found! I love the doorknobs and the silver goblets. I love to go "junquing"!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love all your finds, my favorite is the silver goblets. Hope the weather warms up around here where I can get out and about.
    Cathy's Cupboard Calamity

    ReplyDelete
  28. I so love that copper dish plate! Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great finds! Hopefully they made the trip worth it for you!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails