Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What I Wore Last Wednesday

Lindsey at the Poppy Pleated is having a linky party called What I Wore Wednesday so I thought I would join in on the fun for the first time. 

Last Wednesday, one of the biggest ACC Young Men’s Basketball rivalry games was played at the Comcast Center and we had tickets to go.  007

It’s no secret in our family that when it comes to ACC Men’s College Basketball I’m in a mixed marriage.  My husband Charlie is a huge Maryland Terps fan and I’m a Duke Blue Devils fan.

003To show support for my Duke Blue Devils, I wore my Duke Basketball Tee-shirt which was given to me as a Birthday gift.  The black belt was a purchase from Ross and the boots I purchased at Payless Shoe Store.

Charlie hasn’t a clue where his clothes came from, but he says they are comfortable and that’s all that matters.

Needless to say, I was surround by so much red that I had to secretly cheer my Duke Blue Devils on to a victory!  

009

All in all it was a fun night considering it was a 9:00 p.m. game.  You see Charlie and I get up at 4:00 a.m. thru the weekdays because of his work schedule.  On our way home from the game, Charlie was pulled over by a State Trooper doing 65 in a 50 mile an hour zone.  Lucky for him, he only got a warning!  We got home at 1:00 a.m.  The next morning, I must have hit that snooze button fifteen times.  You could say we definitely weren’t bright eyed and bushy tailed on Thursday.  

006

Thanks for stopping by.  Enjoy your day and may it be filled with lots of sunshine and all the happiness it can hold. 

Gail

12 comments:

  1. Look at you girl! I love it, and I am glad you joined in the fun. I have to head on over soon and link up. Love that partay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband's a Duke grad so we love those Blue Devils around here! Looking forward to the big game tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All is fair in love and on the basketball court!

    How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look how cute you two are!! It's nice to have a little sports rivalry in the family (especially when your team comes up the winner!)
    Happy Wednesday.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, you guy look so cute and looks like you had a lot of fun. have a great day,

    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  6. How precious you look! Love how you put a belt with a t-shirt....I will have to try that myself - cute way to bring style to the court! Thanks so much for your kind words on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a mixed marriage! How sweet the both of you look!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. stop speeding dad

    ReplyDelete
  9. Uh oh ... I'm a Carolina girl :-) Duke is a 4 letter word in our home! Love the pic though, very cute!

    I'm also an army wife, so my thoughts are always with our deployed boys.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I admit I couldn't stay up to watch the entire game, after I saw the Terps getting destroyed. :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, you just look darling! Blue is your color! :)
    Be a sweetie,

    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails