Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Rooster Pillow

Hello everyone!  Look at the pillow I made for my rocker in the kitchen.

016 - Copy

I can’t believe I did it.  Using the same rooster cut-out as I did on the charger plate, I copied it onto burlap.

 020 - Copy 

Using freezer paper, and a piece of burlap I placed the freezer paper on top of the burlap with the shiny side down and ran a medium to dry iron on top of the freezer paper.  The freezer paper adhered to the burlap.   I cut the burlap/freezer paper to 8 1/2” x 11” so that it would run through my printer as a standard piece of paper.  

001

I placed the burlap face down in the paper feed of my printer and centered the rooster cut-out on the printer/copier glass and hit copy.  This is how it looked. 

002

I had scraps of fabric left over from kitchen curtains that I made to make the front of the pillow.  I haven’t posted about my kitchen curtains that I made….you can just call me “Little Miss Seamstress…ha ha…it took me all day to make one curtain!  

014 - Copy

The back is also made with burlap.

001

I’m thinking maybe now I should have added a burlap ruffle.  What do you think? 

016 - Copy

Thanks for stopping by and may your day be filled with lots of sunshine and all the happiness it can hold.

Gail

 

17 comments:

  1. I love this! I think it looks great as it is, but it would look good with the burlap ruffle too. Hope you have a great day!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pillow. Of course, I like anything with a rooster on it. Weren't you afraid running the burlap into the printer? That is good to know you can do that. Thanks for the tip.
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out great, Gail! I need to print out how you did that and give it a try ~ it sounds easy enough. I think it looks fine with no ruffle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like it the way it is - without the ruffle. It looks great - yep you are a little seamstress. I don't get what you mean by 'printer glass'. Did you use a copier or your computer printer?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gail, what a cute pillow, Tutorial please.... as if you didn't have anything to do..LOL

    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That really came out well. Such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That turned out amazing! Way to go! The sky's the limit w/that freezer paper, eh?!
    It looks great w/out the ruffle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it!! I need that for my living room couch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gail your pillow turned out great!! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!! I'm really impressed. Also, I'm your newest follower. http://moogieland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!! It turned out so good!! I didn't know you could do that with freezer paper. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are one talented lady! Love the pillow. Believe it or not, our little town here in south GA has wild chickens that roam all over town. Some folks love them and some hate them. They are really pretty but a nuisance. Will destroy your flower beds!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it, Gail...looks SO great! Thanks for the tutorial~ I've bookmarked it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gail,
    That is amazing!!! I love it, now I am lamenting the fact that I have told my husband in the past that we don't need a colored printer, I was SO wrong!!! 'Cuz now we don't have one!
    I love that and it would love lovely with a ruffle, but it is super cute just like it is, my friend.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!! I Love It! Thanks for sharing!!! I'm gonna have to try this...
    sandraallen260@centurytel.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your pillow. You are so brave to run burlap through your printer. I would be so afraid to do that. I can just imagine me trying to explain how I got burlap stuck in the printer to my husband! Lol!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails