Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Chairs for the Kitchen?

On Saturday, I went to our local Farmers/Flea Market just looking and there was a vendor there that had six cane back chairs for $150.   They were beautiful chairs and in excellent condition.  On my way home, I got to thinking (which could be a bad thing) how much I really liked those chairs and that maybe I would just re-do my table so that the chairs would work in my kitchen. 

So, on Sunday I started sanding the top.

004

On Monday, I spray painted the bottom white and started staining the top.  The stain I used was Mahogany Miniwax Gel.  This was my first time using the Gel stain and I love it. 

010

Keep your fingers crossed, I’m headed back to the Market right now to see if the vendor is there and if those chairs are still there!  It’s only open on Wednesdays and Saturdays and I can’t wait till Saturday. 

I’ll let you all know if the chairs come home with me! 

Gail

20 comments:

  1. Good luck Gail! The table turned out gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope they are still there. What a deal and the table looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Table looks fab. Hope you can get those nice chairs to go with it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get the chairs. Your table looks great!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. The table looks great! I love that stain. I hope your next post is a picture with those chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The table looks fantastic. Good luck with the chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OHMYGOSH, this is gorgeous !!!! You did an incredible job and I HOPE those chairs are still there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My fingers are crossed! The table turned out beautiful!! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Table looks terrific .. hope you can get your chairs~!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You table looks great! I have one just like this that my hubby brought home for free and have been wanting to do exactly what you did. I found 4 matching chairs last month for $40. I was so thrilled as I had been looking for a long time and matching chairs that are in good condition are so hard to find! Hope yours are still there!

    bee blessed
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. The table looks fabulous! I hope you get the chairs.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks great! Hope you got the chairs :) Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did an amazing job on the table! I'm sure the chairs will look great with it! I hope they are there when you go back!

    ReplyDelete
  14. If you're meant to have those chairs, then they'll be there.

    If not... then somewhere there are better chairs just for you!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  15. The table looks absolutely fabulous, nice designing, it turned out beautifully! Thanks for the share.....


    Sample Letters

    ReplyDelete
  16. GORGEOUS Gail!!!!...so pretty....love round tables!!...xo, Mariaelena

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE the way your table turned out! You did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your table!!! I wish I had kept mine like that and done that to it! I do have one that I have been thinking about doing that to my existing table, I think I will after seeing yours.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Omg! Your table turned out fabulous! I can't wait to see what you do with your chairs! So glad they were still there!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Gail. Can you give me step by step directions on what you did to the table and the products used? I love this! It looks distressed as well. Did you use the minwax over the white paint? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails