Monday, September 12, 2011

Copper Hunting

On Saturday, Charlie and I went to a yard sale, flea market and a farmers market looking for some copper pieces.  My hunting paid off because I found a few pieces.

021 

I found a coffee and tea canister, jam holder with a spoon, a pot and a cooper fruit mold pictured below.  

025

And that was not my only find.  I brought home a drop leaf side table, a vintage wood shoe form and a Demijohn. 

015

I have a demijohn already but not one with a basket.  I love this one!  As I write this, I’ve already found a place for it.

017

Now that I have found a few copper pieces, I can finish my fall decorating in the kitchen.  My rooster mold that I’ve had for awhile will now have some copper company.

001

  Thanks for stopping by and check back tomorrow as you will see how I used some of my finds in the Debbie Doo’s Magazine Copy Cat challenge

Gail

Linking this post to:

Coastal Charms for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

9 comments:

  1. Great copper pieces Gail and I love that demijohn!! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail,
    so happy that you came by with all your new treasures...love that table and I'm so jealous of that demijohn...I've just gotta find one.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Mom had a warm kitchen with tons of copper. I kept a couple of pieces. She had the canisters you picked up. Love the little drop leaf table and the dough bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good grief--what awesome finds--I need to go thrifting with you! I'm really loving that table and the demijohn. Great stuff, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never ever see Demi Johns in my travels....and all you girls do! Can't wait to see your post on the copy cat. Great molds too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds, Gail. I saw a fruit mold just like yours yesterday, but did not buy it. Love the demijohn, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the copper pieces and the shoe mold. I found two shoe molds like that last week. Those were my first ever. hugs♥O

    ReplyDelete
  8. Copper shouts fall decor! Congrats...you scored!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are some nice finds! Copper looks very impressive around the house, don't you think? The metal ensures its longevity, and the color has a very classy style that's worthy of praise.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails