Sunday, August 7, 2011

An Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Makeover

WOW I can’t believe how fast you can work with this chalk paint. I was amazed that I could transform this table from this…

003

to this in a matter of a few hours!

018

I lightly sanded after applying two coats of the Annie Sloan cream chalk paint and I used clear and dark wax.

012

The longest and hardest part of the whole transformation of this table was sanding and re-staining the tabletop.  

005

I used Minwax Wood stain and applied three coats to the tabletop.  I completed the base of the table before re-staining the top because of the drying time of the stain.

014 

I have to say, I really like this paint and will definitely use it again.  In fact, I am placing an order for another color as I have more furniture pieces to paint for this bedroom make-over.    

007

As always, thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day. 

Gail

16 comments:

  1. Wow! That turned out great, Gail! I have seen a lot of bloggers using this paint. I may have to give it a try! Hope you have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks wonderful....that chalk paint is everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Love the dark stain with that color paint

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks gorgeous!!I just ordered some chalk paint.Can't wait to try it.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. The table is such a beautiful style and the new finish is gorgeous. I still havn't used this paint. I really need to give it a try. Can't wait to see the next piece. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the table, Gail! It's nice to see how you transformed an oak table to this! My daughter will be taking my oak dining table and I bet this would be a great way to renew it for her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, Gail !! You did a fabulous job, and I'm not surprised one.bit. that you're going to order more !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gail~ this looks wonderful!
    I love this look with the dark top and creamy bottom... you did a beautiful job.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. love how you did your table. its subtle and done with a gentle hand - yet the distressing still shows.. congrats on a job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Yes, it only takes one piece and you are hooked. Be careful...before you know it you'll be painting everything in sight! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is really beautiful now!!! I love the dark top and white distressed legs. I really think I will do my dining room table like that, I like it more every time I see it.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way this came out Gail. Really, really nice. I just received my shipment of Annie Chalk Paint not too long ago, but I haven't even had time to use it yet (nursing a hurt hubby).

    ReplyDelete
  13. The makeover looks outstanding...using this paint for the first time today:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. I see you do like chalk paint!! Table looks so good!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails