Friday, August 12, 2011

Welcome Home Jordan!

I can’t begin to tell you the emotions we all felt when this plane touched ground carrying our son and all the other soldiers who left one year ago for Afghanistan.

019 

There were cheers, tears and hugs among all who were there to welcome home their son, daughter, husband, wife, brother, friend, etc. at the 101st Airborne Welcome Home Ceremony.    

036

It was hard to spot your loved one from a distance, as we all tried to pick out our loved one from the line of soldiers.

037

038

It seemed as if they had all passed by us, when we spotted Jordan.  We were thrilled just to see him.  And when he was close enough, we yelled his name and he spotted us with a big smile.

040

040 - Copy

It doesn’t seem like much, but all of Jordan’s personal belongings for his year in Afghanistan were stuffed in that one pack as well as all the soldiers.

039 

They stowed their gear and all marched into the hangar for a brief welcome home ceremony.  We really didn’t hear the words spoken, because we were busy trying to spot Jordan amongst his fellow soldiers.

041

After the ceremony, we had 15 short minutes to hug and talk to Jordan.  It felt so good to have him home on US soil.

050

Thanks to all of you for the sweet comments and emails that we received as we waited for our son to arrive home safely.   Your prayers, love and support touched our hearts deeply.  

Gail

11 comments:

  1. I'm sure it takes a lot of restraint, as a Mom especially, to not run across that tarmac and hug your child, Gail! I am so happy for you that he is home and safe and sound, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!!!!! He is HOME!!!!!! I know you won't want to let him out of your sight for awile!!! Thank you for being the Mom of one of our HEREOS! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank God he's home safe. My nephew, a Marine, comes home from Afghanistan on Monday. I know my sister, and all of us, will be so thankful like you that he is back on US soil and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Jordan: Thank you isn't even enough to express my gratitude for what you do. Welcome home soldier!

    To Gail: He's home! And safe! Whew! I am breathing a sigh of relief for and with you. It's amazing how our belief in a higher power can get us through times like these. So glad that your son is back on American soil. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. God Bless the USA!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. God bless, Jordan. So glad he is back home. We appreciate his service so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the sacrifice your family and your son is making for our country! Enjoy your reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gail,
    Tears are in my eyes as I read your post, I am SO happy for you. There are no words to express my gratitude to God that Jordan is home safely. God is just SO GOOD!!!
    Did you know that the US puts more money into their military than all of the other countries (who are their allies) put together?
    And now your economy is struggling so badly. What will happen to the world if the US should ever cut back or even pull out? Canada's soldiers are just a drop in the bucket compared to yours. We need to pray for your country, that is for sure.
    Love and prayers, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy for you all, Gail! I remember, as a teen, waiting for my father's return from tours of duty...it was always such a celebration and a relief!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are truly blessed. I am so happy he is home safe and sound. Enjoy every minute you have with him!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so happy each time I see another unit home safe in their families arms! My little brother returned from Afghanistan this past March. Now my baby brother is headed to the Arabian Gulf. In honor of both of my brothers I started the Guardians of Freedom Project to help our Wounded Warriors in Afghanistan www.guardainsoffreedomproject.org
    Please Thank Your son for his Service and Sacrifice for our Country!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails