Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Vintage Sideboard Cabinet

Hello Everyone!  Several years ago, Charlie and I attended an auction in Culpepper Virginia and I won the bid on this vintage sideboard cabinet.  I paid $10 for it and it has been sitting in my shed ever since. 

As you know I am in the process of a guest room make-over.  I needed a place for the guest room TV and this will work perfect.  

005

The wood wasn’t going to work with what I have planned for the guest room so I painted it.

009

I used “old white” Annie Sloan (AS) chalk paint and applied the AS dark wax.  I added a glass knob to the front instead of the original door pull.

010

Follow along with me because just about everything in this guest room make-over are items that I have bought at yard sales, flea markets, thrift stores, auctions or were freebies that I have or will be transforming.   

The bed frame I purchased at a thrift store for six dollars.    

004

I sprayed painted it and now it has a totally different look.  The little round table was a freebie and you can read all about it here.

008

Below, is a mirror I bought at a yard sale in the spring for five dollars and I will also apply the Annie Sloan chalk paint treatment. 

001

The only big purchase so far, has been the bedding!

008

As always, thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day.

Gail

Linking this post to:

Savvy Southern Style for WOW Us Wednesday

Blue Cricket Design for Show and Tell

The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursday

Tales from Bloggeritaville for Thrifty Thursday

Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday

French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

Home Savvy A to Z for Savvy HomeMade Monday

19 comments:

  1. The details pop so much better in white. And why buy new? I ask myself that all the time and hardly ever buy new stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sideboard looks great, Gail! I love it in the old white! What a great piece and how wonderful it will be of use now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sideboard turned out so pretty! It's so nice to be able to use something that you got such a great deal on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be anxious to see it all pulled together. The table turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Gail that is so gorgeous! Love how you transformed that piece, and what a deal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun blog Gail. I certainly enjoyed my visit and hope to visit again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous transformation!! You found some great pieces at great prices. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished room. I'm with you.....why buy new when you can find such wonderful pieces at those kind of prices.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your guest room is going to be very sweet!!! I love everything you are going to put in it. It is so wonderful that you are painting everything and making it very "Gail". I adore that kind of decorating.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful transformation! Really inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks really really pretty. I love your paint job.Your guest room will be fabulous. I can't believe it was ten bucks even at an auction!! Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay so this is the second post out here that I've seen the Annie Sloan paint - must get some. It looks fantastic!!!

    And I agree with Olive why NOT buy vintage and customize to fit your life. I used to love to shop at the "new" stores. Now I find that they don't even interest me anymore LOL

    Great job!!

    "Her" and Romeo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Gail, your cabinet turned out wonderfully, love the white of course! Can't wait to see it all put together, thanks so much for linkingu; with VIF, xo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have some nice pieces. The sideboard looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Gail. I've been away from blogging for awhile. Guess I just got burned out plus I had absolutely nothing to write about. I finally did a post yesterday so hope you'll visit. I need to read your latest so I can see what's been going on with you. I love, love all your painted furniture! My hubby and son (both who refinish oak furniture) think it's a total SIN to paint furniture but I love it! I don't have much though as they get a hold of it and take it back to it's original state. My son has really done some great pieces. You can see some of them at his blog: www.treyluckie.blogspot.com if you're interested. Hope all is well in your world...I'll try to get back sooner than I've done this time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!! What a great piece, price and transformation!! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi lovely lady.
    Your Sideboard is Beautiful you did a great job.
    This was a wonderful transformation!!! I would like to Thank you so much for your lovely comments on my new Tablescape with my one and only new Rooster.
    I hope you have a great day.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gail! This cabinet is beautiful! Thank you so much for linking up at Savvy HomeMade Monday. We are partying again and I hope you will stop by! :) I am happy to be a new follower and looking forward to following along!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, Gail ... the sideboard looks fantastic (love the knob) and love the new look of the bed frame. What huge scores and transformations!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW Gail what great finds! I LOVE that first piece and love it's new look! Great job, Martina

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails