Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Vintage Inspired Guestroom

What a week it has been dealing with the aftermath of an earthquake and Hurricane Irene.  Finally, I have had a chance to finish our guestroom.  

025

When Lauren got married and moved out, this left her bedroom empty.    The only thing left behind was her bed.   Using what furniture pieces I had in my shed that I bought at yard sales, flea markets, thrift stores, auctions or free, I completely transformed her bedroom into what I’m calling my vintage inspired guestroom.  

026

The stained glass window above the bed was purchased at an auction about a year ago.  The wrought iron head board I bought at a thrift store.  You can read about that transformation here.

027 

The old ladder beside the bedside table I bought at an auction a few years ago.  I have a dresser scarf hanging on it that was my Mom’s.  The bedside table was a freebie. You can read about how I transformed that here.

016

The vintage sideboard cabinet works perfectly in this room and holds the TV quite nicely.  This too was an auction purchase several years ago and you can read all about that here

018

The wire basket beside the sideboard cabinet was a recent purchase at a Flea Market in Tennessee for $6.   I love this basket!  Charlie and I want to plan a trip back to Tennessee just so that we can go back to that Flea Market.  It was a huge Flea Market and their prices were unbelievable!  We purchased other items I have yet to blog about.  Because we were flying, we shipped everything UPS back to Maryland. For now, I placed a couple of my parents’ photo albums in the wire basket that have some pictures of my childhood. 

021

The only big purchase for this bedroom make-over was the bedding.  I purchased both quits, pillow shams and the pillows at HomeGood Store.  I layered the quilts.  The cream quilt is a full size and the paisley quilt is a twin.  

017

I can’t wait to see what Lauren thinks of her bedroom now.  She’s coming home this weekend and will be the first guest to sleep in her bedroom.   

025

As always, thanks for stopping by and enjoy your day.

Gail

Linking this post to:

 Type A for Anything Goes

Coastal Charms for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Savvy Southern Style for WOW Us Wednesday
Blue Cricket Design for Show and Tell

The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursday
Tales from Bloggeritaville for Thrifty Thursday

On Sutton Place for Open House Thursday

Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Chic On A Shoe String Decorating for Flaunt it Friday
Finding Fabulous for Frugalicious Fridays
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
The Shabby Nest for Frugal Fridays

22 comments:

  1. Hi Gail,
    I just love your vintage guest room! I'll be right over to spend the night, or maybe two! LOL!

    Thanks for following my blog. I am now one of your newest followers too.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail I Love it! What a Beautiful Guest Room. I'm loving that basket, too!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gail, this is truly beautiful. I love all the pieces you put together and I adore that top quilt. Good job! Oh, and where was this flea market in Tennessee?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it is so beautiful!
    I'd be a guest there... anytime!

    Love all the thrifted and repurposed items.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gail, I am betting that Lauren loves the new look!!! I sure do! Love that basket from TN. Yers, you need to go back! Where in Tn.??? I ahve some family in Johnson City. Thanks so much for stopping by! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty, Gail! I love the calming influence in this room. It is probably a great room to get a good night's sleep in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, it really turned out so soothing and serene, to have sweets dreams alright, I'd love to be a guest in a room like this. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks fantastic Gail. Great job. Love the antique touches here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH this is just lovely! Looks SO inviting! I am pinning this as my son just got married and we're turning HIS room into a guest room. WELL, actually, it's also going to be a study for my hubby so this will be a challenge but I'd love to incorporate some of your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice room. you are very talented. I would hire you in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful room! I love everything you've done in here. You are a great inspiration to me! Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the room. The vintage look is great!!

    'Please visit our new website www.tableandtop.com'

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Gail,
    Your guest room is just delightful! I love everything in it, what a fabulous way to use the antique sideboard! The stained glass window look marvelous above the bed, oh your daughter is going to love her old room. You have done a beautiful job on it.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Gail,
    The room looks beautiful! Your thrift store, flea market, auction items were put to such good use and everything works so well together. I love it!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  15. The guest room turned out lovely! She will enjoy sleeping in there for sure! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great room! I love the ladder in the corner :) I just got one from a rummage sale and can't wait to make it into a functional piece of art!

    Coley @
    www.whatyoumakeit-coley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks awesome Gail! I have a stained glass piece over our bed with the wrought iron bed too, I just love it! What a cozy room you have there for guests.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Gail! I love the room - so inviting for a guest. I especially love the quilts you used on the bed. We don't have a Home Goods store in Kansas where I live but my daughter does in Detroit. Do you mind telling me what the brand of quilt it is in case she can't find it at her Home Goods store and I have to shop online?
    Thanks so much! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful and inviting guest room! Are you accepting reservations. :) (Love the ladder, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your guest bedroom looks better than my master bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE that you put a TV in this guest room. I like to watch a little TV before I go to sleep. When I'm somewhere and there isn't one I have trouble. So very thoughtful. Glad you came to the party!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This turned out wonderfully! Love that great wire basket! thanks so much for sharing the inspiration at VIF, xo Debra

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails