Monday, August 8, 2011

It’s all about the Roosters

Several months ago when I was shopping at Ross’ I found the cutest rooster metal wall plaques.  I purchased them not knowing where I would place them since I don’t have a lot kitchen wall space.  But when our Dear Miss Sheila at Note Song graciously invited all of us to her Heart of the Home Party and the theme was roosters and chickens, I thought perhaps I would find a home for my roosters and I did in my dinning room.

014

I love how the beveled metal border frames the roosters. 

015

My original plans were to hang plates above each trophy cup.  After I hung the plaques, I really liked the look of the roosters better.   

020

The picture below shows the trophy cups before I hung the rooster plaques.

012 To think that these little rooster plaques could still be sitting in my garage  if it wasn’t for Miss Shelia hosting this fun party.  Thanks Miss Shelia!

016

As always thanks for visiting and enjoy your evening. 

Gail

P.S.  I have some exciting news to share with you all in the next few days! 

11 comments:

  1. Gail those rooster plaques are so sweet and they look perfect above the trophy cups! That whole corner looks so pretty! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty arrangement... love the Roosters. I have some plaques and a picture and a pitcher from my Rooster days... I was thinking of dragging them out of storage and RE-decorating with them... you've inspired me!

    I'm heading over to Note Song...to check out other party goers... (btw,your link to that party isn't working)

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gail! Did I really inspire you to hang those gorgeous Rooster plaques? I'm just thrilled! They look great and what a difference between your before and afters! :) Your dining room is gorgeous.
    Thank you so much for coming to my party.
    You are a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gail, I love them and they look awesome! I love that champagne bucket too :)

    Lou Cinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pictures looked fantastic where you have them....

    God bless and keep your son safe is my prayer...

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute Gail...you know I am a big fan of roosters. I will have my roos up tomorrow. Those plaques are perfecto.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The rooster pics were the perfect finishing touch! They look wonderful in your dining room.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the Roosters, Gail! Your displays look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey sweet friend! I tried to comment on this post earlier but Blogger was mad at me and wouldn't let me! Love, love, love these awesome rooster prints! I can't ever seem to find such wonderful goodies at my closest Ross. I will have to look harder next time I am there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea - your space is stunning. And I'm totally stealing that idea of the candle in front of the tray!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI Gail!! What great rooster prints :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails