Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Coming Home!

It has been a long time coming.  Our son, Jordan, is coming home from Afghanistan.  We have thought about him every day this past year, and have been counting down the months, then days and now hours.

The coming home process has been a bit unnerving, when trying to make plans.  Unfortunately, circumstances dictate frequent changes to the expected dates and times of arrival.  This has necessitated several changes to our departure date from home, hotel reservations, and flight reservations.

After a 13 hour drive, returning Jordan’s truck and some of his personal belongings, we found the last hotel room after checking with three hotels in his base town.  The silver lining to the hotel room, was soaking in the Jacuzzi after the long drive.

The whole town is welcoming home our soldiers. 

001

002 

003

We’re still waiting as there has been yet another change in his time of arrival.  Please keep him in your prayers as he makes his journey home.

Gail

12 comments:

  1. Oh Gail!!! This is SUCH fabulous news!! I sarted crying as I was reading this! I cannot even begin to imagine how excited you are! God Bless You and God Bless our Troops!!

    Many many prayers!!!

    Lou Cinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! What a touching post, Gail. I am so happy for you! How exciting! Keeping your son and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gail,

    It is so touching when all our troops make it home safely from Afghanistan or for that matter get home safe period! I love when they get a warm welcome because they do desereve that after all they go through. Your post made me get teary eyes and I am sure you had tears when you actually wrote it. Glad to hear Jordan will be home "REAL" soon. Tell him "welcome home."

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad your son is coming home safe. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh please give him a HUGE thank you hug from all of us for his service! I am so excited for you all!!! God bless our troops. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will keep you in my prayers that he gets home quickly and safely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm happy for you ! I know how frustrating it can be. (My hsb retired 7 yrs ago) and my son is currently serving in Afghanistan - He should be home in Oct...keeping my fingers crossed...Enjoy your time with him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gail reading this brought tears to my eyes. I'm so happy for you and praying for a quick and safe homecoming! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Doing the happy dance for you, my friend!! I know your heart is so much lighter today! Please thank him from me and my family for his service to our country and for all he and his team do to keep us safe every day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Gail!!! How exciting!!! I hope he doesn't end up in active duty again, it's so hard on a mom's heart!
    Praying for your boy, with love and hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope he is home by now! I wish you COULD come join me for lunch!!!! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  12. A big WELCOME HOME to your son. What heros they all are. I am so happy for you and your family.
    Happy you could pop in at my little blog.

    Enjoy your reunion.

    Janet xox
    http://theemptynest-janet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails