Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Advertising on a Burlap Bag

Hello Everyone!  For those of you who have followed me, do you remember a few months ago when I purchased two “smelly” burlap bags from an antique shop in Virginia?    013

Well I finally got rid of that horrible smell!  I wasn’t sure if I was even going to be able to do anything with them because of the smell.  But storing them outside for months worked.   I washed them on a gentle cycle and ran them through the dryer just to make sure the smell was gone!

I didn’t really care for the advertisement on the burlap sacks so I thought I would make my own advertisements.  Using my Cricut, I made a stencil you see below.

019

“Funderburk’s Feed & Seed” on one and…..

022

“Red Rooster Coffee” on the other.  

026

I used only one of the burlap sack bags.  I cut it in half and sewed three sides.  I made a pillow to insert inside and tied the fourth side with jute string. 

039

I wasted nothing with this burlap sack bag!  The little piece I had left over, I wrapped around a candle and tied it with a piece of jute string. 

045

In the mean time, we’re making good progress on our powder room make-over.   Our oldest son, who is a jack of all trades, is going to move some plumbing pipes and then we can install the pedestal sink. 

As always, thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.  

Gail

Linking this post to:

Northern Cottage for Party Time Tuesday

Coastal Charms for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Savvy Southern Style for WOW Us Wednesday

It’s Overflowing for Overflowing with Creativity

From My Front Porch to Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday

The Vintage Farmhouse for Creative Things Thursday

The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

The Artsy Girl Connection for Pin Inspirational Thursday

 French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

At The Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday

2805 for Potpourri Party

26 comments:

  1. Hi Gail...love the pillow and so glad you were able to get rid of the smell..lol...beautiful job, as usual..xo, Mariaelena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gail,
    I love your pillows!!! They look fantastic! You are so creative, I love seeing what you put together. I sure could use a Cricut, but I don't think that will happen any time soon. The way that you finished it off with the jute string is genius!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Gail! That's the way to use every last drop of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done and so glad the smell is gone. We have a blanket from Peru that smells like a goat and we cannot wash it and Joe will not throw it away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE them Gail!! Great way to use ever last bit of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charming pillows Gail...come by and share them at NTT.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice way to remake those bags, Gail! I love your stencils! Very resourceful to use the scrap for around the candle, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you did with your bags! They look great!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your projects, especially the candle. Burlap has such character:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love them both--but, that Red Rooster Coffee is my favorite! Awesome creations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are ADORABLE.. What a neat idea.. Hope you can link up tonight via Pin'Inspirational Thursday.. Would LOVE to share these.. I HEART burlap.. Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job, just love me some roosters!!! Coming from Kim's glad I popped in

    ReplyDelete
  13. He descubierto tu blog y me ha encantado. Desde hoy lo sigo, si lo deseas te invito a conocer mi blog y si es de tu agrado, me gustaría tenerte como seguidora en mi blog para seguir en contacto. Un saludo muy cordial.
    Manoli.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gail, the burlap bags were used in a very creative and frugal way. I like your choice of graphics. The red rooster is really cute. Have a great day! ----------Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the rooster one! Glad you got the smell out. Looking forward to seeing your powder room!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty! You used it completely up to bring beauty all around.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are really cute, Gail. I'm surprised you redid the ads, yours look great.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Gail! You're the smartest one! Your pillow looks wonderful! See how smart you are making your own stencils! :) Love the Red Rooster Coffee! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your advertising Gail. The rooster pillow is so cute. Nice job, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love what you did with your burlap bags. I have two airing on our porch, it has been airing for a few months now. I think it is working!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fantastic idea. So many people would not have picked them up.
    Thank you so much for taking the time to join our Pin'Inspiration party this week. I'm hoping that you'll pop by tomorrow and share at my "Beat The Winter Blues" party. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. So glad the smell went away for you! The pillows turned out great!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love it to pieces!! I'm your newest follower!! Thanks so much for linking up to Overflowing with Creativity!! Have you entered my giveaway yet?

    XO, Aimee

    Customizable Frames, Signs, Wall Decor

    ReplyDelete
  24. The pillows are wonderful! Thank you for sharing this fabulous post to Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are great! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  26. Who needs vintage sacks when you have the talent to make your own!

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails