Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Natural Highs

Hello everyone!  This morning while cleaning and organizing my office, I came across an email that I received and printed some time ago.  I thought it was worth sharing because it’s suppose to make you feel good.  It is called “Natural Highs” and you should read each one and think about it before going on to the next one. 

1.  Falling in love.

2.  Laughing so hard your face hurts.

3.  A hot shower.

4.  A special glance.

5.  Receiving a special package in the mail.

6.  Taking a drive on a pretty road.

7.  Hearing your favorite song on the radio and you sing it out loud.

8.  Lying in bed listening to the rain outside.

9.  Taking a bubble bath.

10.  Giggling.

11.  A good conversation.

12.  The beach.

13.  Finding a 20 dollar bill in your coat from last winter.

14.  Laughing at yourself.

15.  Midnight phone calls that last for hours.

16.  Running through sprinklers

17.  Laughing for absolutely no reason at all.

18.  Having someone tell you that you’re beautiful.

19.  Laughing at an inside joke with friends.

20.  Accidently overhearing someone say something nice about you.

21.  Waking up and realizing you still have a few hours left to sleep.

22.  Making new friends or spending time with old ones. 

23.  Playing with a new puppy.

24.  Sweet dreams.

25.  Hot chocolate.

26.  Road trips with friends.

27.  Swinging on swings.

28.  Making chocolate chip cookies.

29.  Having your friends send you homemade cookies.

30.  Holding hands with someone you care about.

31.  Running into an old friend and realizing that some things (good or bad) never change.

32.  Watching the expression on someone’s face as they open a much desired present from you.

33.  Watching the sunrise.

34.  Watching the sunset. 

35.  Getting out of bed every morning and being grateful for another beautiful day.

36.  Knowing that somebody misses you.

37.  Getting a hug from someone you care about deeply.

38.  Knowing you’ve done the right thing, no matter what other people think. 

I don’t know about you, but I could relate to so many of these and how they make me feel.   

004

So today, I thought I would start writing some of them on my kitchen chalkboard. I chose this one first…Hearing your favorite song on the radio and you sing it out loud.   

005

You see, I really like music and I listen to it all day long and have caught myself singing out loud.  But I have to laugh at myself and thank God that nobody was here to hear me!  You don’t want to hear me sing but it sure does make me feel good even if I sound horrible!!!!

As always, thanks for your visit and your sweet comments.  They are always appreciated. 

Gail

Linking this post to:

Savvy Southern Style for WOW Us Wednesday

21 comments:

  1. What a great post Gail. I can relate to many of these! Pretty pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your list of things that make us happy. Love your chalkboard too and the idea of writing one of these for inspiration.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the same and happy no one can hear me, it's always in the car though!
    Love the inspirations and I could identify with alot of them.
    Love the chalkboard!
    ♥Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute post and I love music, too. I need a good music system that we don't have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm singing along with you...
    I think we sound great~!

    loved the post and I'd swipe that kitchen calk board if I was close enough:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Gail. We enjoy watching our birds fly threw the sprinklers very much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could relate to so many of these. I like to sing along with music too, but I never sing when anyone can hear me. I love the idea of the chalk board. I may have to use that idea.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome post, Gail! Thanks for sharing ... might have to borrow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gail! That's a great list of things and I relate to so many of them! love your little 'chalk board' and you have very pretty handwriting too!
    Thanks for popping in today.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;0

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know I sure do clean better and faster when I have some music on!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read this first thing this morning and I've been thinking about some of them all day! I love it and may copy for my own use. Thank you for sharing!

    I sing to myself too, out of earshot of ANYONE but the Lord. After all it's, "make a joyful noise!"

    Blessings,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I have enjoyed almost all of these natural highs!! Love the way you are sharing them on your blackboard. Hmmm, think I'll go for a ride and sing along with the radio, that's so no one else will hear me, cause if they heard me they might run away from home..

    ReplyDelete
  13. All great reminders to slow down and enjoy the little things! I like your chalkboard with an oval frame, too. Nice twist on the regular old chalkboard!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gail I love this! and what a great idea to write them on your chalk board!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea to write it on your chalkboard!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  16. A great post, and a reminder of how much pleasure simple things can bring into our lives. I really enjoyed reading through the list and found myself smiling at a lot of the points. You are inspired writing some on your chalk board.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are wonderful and I could relate to many of them. The small "joys" of life.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  18. As I get older, I am trying to learn to recognize and enjoy more of those natural highs. I love your chalkboard! Great idea...as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the natural highs and chalkboard! Wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great post Gail...I feel bad for the people who seat around me at church, because I LOVE to sign:) Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute! Your "Natural high" list was a natural high for me today! Made me smile!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails