Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Powder Room Reveal

I can’t believe that we are done with the powder room!  It has only taken us a year to actually start this project.  Everything was sitting in the garage waiting for this make-over.  But before I share it with you, let’s take a look at the before. 

008

010 

009

And now the after.

098

We replaced the vanity with a pedestal sink.  I apology for some of the pictures being a little dark but there is no natural lighting in this bathroom and it is very small. 

079

I placed an egg basket beside the pedestal sink to hold extra toilet paper.  The egg basket was a recent purchase at a local antique store. 

077

A step stool was also placed by the pedestal sink for my grandsons, otherwise they would not be able to wash their little hands. 

069

 073

The hanging towels are actually kitchen tea towels.  The color matched perfectly and I loved the plaid and checkered fabric so why not use them in here…..right! 

072

A topiary sits on the mantel shelf that is attached to the mirror.  Now lets move to the other side of the room. 

111

We decided to install a little cabinet behind the toilet to hold a few first aid items, mainly Band-Aides!  My grandsons think Band-Aids are tattoos and Grandma always has many different Band-Aids to choose from.

056

I covered a bottle of peroxide with this cute little lamb picture that I found on-line. 

084

017

Sitting on the top of the toilet I placed a feed scooper to hold “courtesy spray” and a few books.   

085

A galvanized pail that was in my shed is now a trash can.  

014

I don’t think I’ve mention that the paint I chose was Sherwin Williams Nonchalant White.  I love the softness of this color and I love the wallpaper bead board, chair rail and crown molding. 

107

038

This is one of several hydrangeas that I cut off of my hydrangea bush in the early fall and dried.  Isn’t it gorgeous?   I have this one placed on top of the cabinet sitting in a little silver dish. 

Well one bathroom down two more to go.  Up next, the master bathroom.  That was on the project goal list last year as well.

As always, thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day. 

Gail 

Linking this post to:

Savvy Southern Style for WOW Us Wednesday

No Minimalist Here for Open House Party

The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

At The Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday

2805 for Potpourri Party

Whisper Wood Cottage for 2012 1st Project of the Year Party

It all started with paint for Imagine the Impossibilities

45 comments:

  1. It's perfect gail!!...Mariaelena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I call a bathroom sweet cause it is! Love all your little details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job Gail! Love all the touches, the stool, the towels, and that cute little lamb. You guys did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Gail. its so pretty and all your decorative touches make it so special too. Love the sheep photo on the bottle. You have such a creative mind..
    all that work sure was worth it. enjoy every moment in your new room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gail, that is gorgeous!!! I love the sink, very sweet and all of your little extras are just lovely! Good luck on getting your next one done very soon.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Gail. Love the sign, trash can, and all the little details.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Gail! Thanks for sharing! I love some of these cute, wouldn't normally thing of ideas you've shared with us! The lamb covered peroxide bottle is so cute, and unexpected!

    Can't wait to see your next project!

    Blessings,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you just love that beadboard wallpaper? We put some up at my daughter's in the twins' bathroom and also in my birmingham grandson's room....I love that stuff.

    What a sweet grandmama you are to put that step stool in the bathroom for them. I have my 37 year old son's step stool that i'm going to customize for his son (my grandson) on his 2nd birthday in August.

    xoxo,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. AMAZING transformation Gail! I LOVE everything about this room, the beadboard, the paint color, the towels, the painted stool, and all the pretty accessories! I LOVE IT ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Turned out great. Love the apothecary sign.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the towels, great idea! The hydrangea is gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the egg basket for the toilet paper!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow. Gail, you did good. It is fantastic from top to bottom. Love all the perfect little details. Tattoo/Band Aids... I remeber those days ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty, Gail! I love the paint color and I absolutely love that pedestal sink! It gives you a little more room in that area. Love that you used the kitchen towels here; if they work, why not? I noticed you changed out your topiary right away. I love the silver container you had both of them in.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great transformation! I love your pedestal sink and the kitchen towels go perfectly in there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Gail! Your bathroom is gorgeous! Love everything you've done.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful makeover Gail...love the look you have going on in there. Great idea to cover up the bottle. Cute feed scooper too!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your powder room looks glorious...so crisp and clean looking. I love all the little extra touches. Will you come be my neighbor...who just happens to like redecorating her friend's house?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheri, I would love to be your neighbor and I would come and help you decorate!

      Delete
  19. What an incredibly gorgeous makeover. I love every single detail. The scooper w/the air freshener spray is genius! So many wonderful ideas, you really did such a great job on this redo!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love It....Love It....Amazing Job XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful! I love the green/white, beadboard and galvanized items. How clever to put that lamb on your peroxide!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very pretty! I love the green and white combo!
    We grandma's have to have stools and supplies for our little munchkins.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Wow! I love the makeover. I also love the idea of using the bucket for a trash can. Genius. Following you now too! So glad we "met!" XO, Clydia threemangoseeds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gail, what a sweet little powder room! Really like the apothecary sign over that wonderful cabinet and I ♥ the lamb picture that you placed on the bottle of peroxide. ~ Sue

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your powder room redo is terrific! The sign, the cabinet and all the decorative touches are genius! Thank you for linking your wonderful project to Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love it! You're a good Grammie too!

    ~Bliss~
    A new follower

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your bathroom redo! It looks amazing now, I especially love how you added the apothecary sign. The picture over the peroxide bottle is a great idea!

    ~Shanon

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gail I LOVE the transformation! It is just amazing!! You have me wanting to redo ours even more now!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gail, the bath room is so cute I'll bet your glad it's done, Enjoy and Have a good weekend

    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  30. The creativity, beauty, variety and yet cohesion shown in this room is perfection. In many ways, it is a mirror image of yourself - perfection and beauty. And as a important side note, you are blessed to have a son who does such good work and always willingly.
    Love
    Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  31. So Pretty! Love all your special touches!

    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful! You did a wonderful job transforming this space and we are so glad you shared it with us at Inspiration Friday this week! :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  33. The bathroom turned out wonderful. I especially love the feed scoop, very cute idea.

    I am your newest follower.

    Visiting from Home Sweet Home Party

    ReplyDelete
  34. A small space with such big style! Love the bead board and all your little touches ...

    ... would you like to share at our multi-blog "Imagine the Impossibilities" link party? I think everyone would really enjoy it as much as I!

    Here's the link: http://www.itallstartedwithpaint.com/2012/01/imagine-impossibilities-2012-link-party.html

    We stay live until Friday midnight (CST). Hope to see you at the party!

    Linda
    itallstartedwithpaint@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Congratulations! What a great transformation! I love that apothecary sign! Thanks so much for linking to the party!
    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  36. Absolutely beautiful space. I love all of the little details, your wire bin with greens and tp, the apothecary jar with cotton balls, the stool. Just great!

    Thanks so much for linking up to the challenge!
    Karah @ thespacebetweenblog

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love it - the egg basket is fab (I have a repro to hold my tp) and the grain scoop too! Thanks for joining our challenge!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thats a great article and definitely helped clear my head a little
    Take a look at my website ; beautiful jewellery

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails