Friday, March 21, 2014

Another Potting Bench!

  Whew…..what a week it has been!  I have been so busy this whole week working on  projects for my booth.  This past weekend, I believe people had Spring fever because things were moving out of my booth.  I sold quite a few things including the potting bench that I just placed in my booth (which you can read about here).   With the potting bench and other things selling, it left my booth looking rather sparse.   So, Charlie and I went to Lowe’s and bought lumber and fencing to make a potting bench to replace the one that sold.   And this is what we came up with. 

008

On the day that we started making the potting bench, I tried to take pictures but they did not turn out very well.  It was cloudy which makes it very dark in the garage.   But I can tell you what materials we used to make the potting bench.  We built the frame with 1x3’s and the legs were 2x3’s.

009

For the back of the potting bench we used 6’ cedar fence boards.   We also used it for the top and bottom shelf.  To assemble it, we used glue, the nail air gun and screws.

003

    I wanted the potting bench to look weathered so I first stained it with Minwax in Dark Walnut.  After the stain dried, I dry brushed a watered down white flat paint on it. 

005

I think I achieved the look I was going for and I also think that Charlie and I didn’t do too bad for our first experience on making a potting bench!

Now lets see how long this potting bench lasts in my booth! 

As always, thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  We’re suppose to have gorgeous weather here this weekend….HOORAY! 

Gail

11 comments:

  1. I don't think one is going to last, either! You & Charlie always impress me...beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say, I don't think THIS one is going to last, either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That potting bench will be gone in a few days Gail! You both did a great job on it...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's stunning! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gail- You and Charlie make a great team! That is a wonderful potting bench-rustic and yet not "dirty" looking. I bet it flies out of your booth and you will have a whole new job keeping up with demands for them. GREAT job! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gail,
    You and Charlie did an outstanding job on this potting bench. I find it funny that my hubs purchased the same items to make one for my booth :) Like how you added the shelf.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job, Gail! I'm sure this one won't last long either!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your potting bench very much. So nice to read about you and your husband working together on it. That's what Ted and I do . Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your potting bench. You both did a great job!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the potting bench! You two did an awesome job!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails