Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Mantel Shelf and an Old Rusty Pitch Fork

Hello Everyone!  Several months ago while browsing around the antique mall, where my booth is located, I found this old rusty pitch fork.  

017

I just fell in love with it’s worn weathered rustiness.  Look at the handle!     

027

But I wasn’t sure what I would do with it when I bought it.  The other day, while placing papered eggs that I made on my mantel shelf,  I thought about that pitch fork and the possibility of hanging it beside my mantel shelf. 

019

And that’s just what I did.  I dug it out of the garage, cleaned it up a little and hung it in the family room beside my mantel shelf.  

043

At first I wasn’t sure if it was going to be too much on that wall but you know what…..I really like it hanging there!   

056

I think it will be there for a while.  I can just envision hanging small wreaths from it! 

As always, thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have a wonderful week!

  Gail

P.S.  Because I get so many emails in regards to my mantel shelf, I feel this is worth noting again, I purchased it many years ago at an auction!

Sharing with:

Coastal Charms for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Knick of Time for Vintage Inspiration Party

A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday

Savvy  Southern Style for WOW Us Wednesday

23 comments:

  1. Genius, Gail! Your pitchfork looks spectacular. I always love seeing what you do with your mantel shelf area and it just keeps better and better. Beautiful. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the vintage pitch fork next to the mantel shelf. I think your idea of hanging small wreaths from it is great. Very decorative. I do wonder what the farmer who used it would think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the size makes it a perfect addition here, Gail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, Gail thanks for stopping by. When my blog list disappeared I have had a hard time adding everyone back. Glad to find you again so I can do that. I love your farm tool and am looking for an old wooden pitch fork like my sister has.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gail! Oh, your mantel looks wonderful and who but you would think to use an old pitchfork? It looks great on your wall.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it!! That's a great addition next to your mantel.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the old pitch fork...it looks great on your wall.
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look, Gail...the whole area is displayed so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pitch fork looks great and your mantel shelf decoration is beautiful. I love the vintage finds you've displayed there and the weathered wooden backdrop for your wall clock.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it. The pitch fork is such a great addition. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all old tools. Great find....
    Nancy
    wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never would have thought to use a pitch fork for decorating. You have great vision and I love the look!

    Gigi @ Old World Patina

    ReplyDelete
  13. The pitchfork is perfection! I am now on the lookout for one in my house!!!
    :)
    “hugs” Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks fantastic! A perfect addition to your mantel shelf display. (When I was first married, I remember my sister-in-law loving country style decor. She had a pitchfork hanging in the kitchen!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Vignette! It looks amazing there. I love using things in unexpected ways!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow- I could have sworn I commented earlier- I think I came and read and got distracted by kids. I LOVE Your mantle. That old pitchfork is an amazing graphic piece. I love it- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  17. How clever to put the pitchfork over the mantel. It looks great there as does the entire display on your mantel.

    Thanks for visiting and bringing me over to your blog.

    ReplyDelete

  18. Beautiful mantle, Gail. Love the pitchfork! The link party on my blog is live right now and I would love if you stop by and link this beautiful post. http://mariaelenasdecor.blogspot.com/
    Enjoy your day. Hugs.
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  19. You've outdone yourself again.... Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can I just tell you that that pitch fork was destined to hang next to your mantle shelf? That's the perfect spot for it. I would make a permanent fixture. Just like you, I envisioned it with wreaths as well. I love it, Gail. That was a good find.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh what a lovely visual treat you have blessed me with.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a neat idea ... it's the perfect addition and, I agree, was destined to be displayed there!

    ReplyDelete
  23. From what I have seen, I love your house. Love the pitchfork.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails